Events Made Easy Forums Generic All in One SEO and Events Made Easy

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m Tony Zeoli, the Community Manager for All in One SEO Pack for WordPress.

We’ve received an inquiry from one of our users about a conflict with your Event plugin, specifically the Single Page Event SEO meta. Seems like there is some issue with meta data.

We’d love to understand better why this conflict is happening and how we can work together to make sure that All in One SEO Pack and your Events Made Easy plugin can work in harmony, so that users will not have to turn off their site-wide SEO plugin just to use Events Made Easy. We’re open to suggestions. Please let us know what we can do to ensure that the plugins play well together.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi,

well, the SEO pack adds headers to the special events page (a regular wp page which contents/title/meta-headers… get overwritten by EME when viewing single events/locations and such).
    See the calendar on the right here, when clicking on a date:
    http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=495&calendar_day=2015-11-05
    Clicking on an event keeps you on the same page, but the title needs to be changed (and other headers, see the faq-entry about facebook headers here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=195 )
    I don’t know the nature of the problem people seem to have with All in One SEO here, but I’m guessing it is similar …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spoke to the gentleman who is having the issue and he informed us that the plugin is not generating custom post types for Events. I installed the plugin and took a look at the Add Events post editor. It looks like the plugin does not use custom post types, but does use custom fields on a WordPress page template to input data and then print on a WordPress page called ‘Events.”

As you write in the plugin tool tip, any data will print to the page an ignore while also overriding any short code added to the page.

We noticed our SEO panel does not load in the plugins primary Add Events page, even though it’s the first page in the WordPress admin one visits to create an event. And, the checkbox seems to be hidden from the Screen Options on that page as well.

It seems from first glance that it’s the plugin that is ignoring/hiding/blocking All in One SEO Panel from even appearing on the Add Events post editor. We’ve built our plugin to support custom post types, so it’s outside of our scope to support the individual use case that seems to be apparent here.

Franky
    Keymaster

Like the doc says at http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=8: events are rendered via that page (many plugins do something similar).
    Since events are not posts, I can’t use the page seo when showing events on that page. The fact that your seo panel doesn’t show/load, is not because my plugin hides anything but because I use “admin.php”, not “post.php” and I’m guessing your SEO plugin is only triggered on post.php. Not that it matters, since (again) events are not posts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top