- Upload the
events-made-easyfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add events list or calendars following the instructions in the Usage section.
Upon first activation of the plugin, a new wordpress page is created (typically called “Events”). That page is very special. Don’t change it, don’t use it in your menu’s, don’t delete it. Just make sure the EME setting called “Events page” points to this page. EME uses this page to render any and all event or location info, bookings, maps, …. anything. So again: don’t touch it, don’t use it in your menu’s, don’t delete it.
To render events (after creating events in the EME admin section, see next chapter), just create normal regular WordPress pages and use any available EME shortcode (see other part of this doc for all available shortcodes with their options and examples) to render events, locations, … any way you like it.
To be clear: events are not posts, the “special” events page defined in the settings is used to render events and everything else. The reason for this page is to have a link that can be sent for e.g. payments (I need a page to show …) or single events, etc …
Here’s a small rundown of EME:
– you need to use shortcodes on regular pages to get anything done from EME.
– So, going to the list of shortcodes, you get a list of possible shortcodes for events lists, locations, or anything else mentioned there.
– For changing the layout you have all kinds of “format” settings in the EME settings: you have format settings for event lists, location lists, single event, booking list, ical feed, google maps balloons, emails, etc … Inside these format settings, you must use the relevant placeholders to do the formatting. See the doc for plaholders.
For single events, these can be overridden in the single event creation/edit window.
For event and location lists, the new template feature can also be used, again read the documentation.
Also, watch an older youtube movie here
And check out this article about EME tips and tricks.
And another link