Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Single Event Page

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve read through the forums on this and although I have found threads about it, the solutions point to threads that no longer exist or trunks with files that have long since changed.

When clicking on a Single Event, I am brought to that event listing – the Events page (or whatever other page I assigned to it) and dynamically replaces the data. However it is still keeping the Title from that page and not dynamically changing the page title nor the html title. I need this to be the title of that Single Event.

How do I do this?

Also, the Facebook sharing thing. If someone can point me in the right direction for this, that would be good. I am using the Facebook debugger to put in the url and see what’s up. I am using Yoast’s SEO plugin, so if anyone knows if this is conflicting, let me know. Otherwise, I just get all kinds of errors in the debugger.

Franky
    Keymaster

Concerning facebook: read the last entry in the faq here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=195

Concerning the page title: this is most likely a theme issue, what theme are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using the Hueman theme (created a child).

You can see what I am working with here: http://www.pathsatlanta.org.

I will look into the Facebook a bit more and see what other OG is being loaded.

Franky
    Keymaster

I checked the theme: they call the wordpress function “the_title()” outside the loop:
    hueman calls in page.php the template inc/page-title outside the loop, which calls the_title(), so that can only be the original page title then. This is wrong.

Compare it with twentyeleven/single.php, which calls the template content-single.php in the loop, which in turn calls the_title() and that works just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see…Do you have an idea for an easy fix (besides changing themes)?

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s actively developed theme, so forward this to them, the fix should be straightforward then.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would this also somehow affect the writing of the proper <title>…</title> tag?

Franky
    Keymaster

I tested that hueman theme here and already have the correct html title-tag …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Eh? Can you tell me how?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t mean to sound anything other than respectful, but I need this to work. If you’re telling me that you got it working within minutes, please tell me how; it can only help strengthen the support base of your plugin 🙂 Please 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, I was sleeping. I’m only human you know.
    The html-title “just works”, I didn’t change anything there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any way to get the <title> of the Single Event Page to be the event title? I have been trying so many different things for the past year and nothing is working. You can see the renewed thread on WordPress where I am asking the theme about it: Here

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even when I try every other theme – I get the same result…..No theme will replace the <title>This is the Title that shows up in SERPs, bookmarks, etc.</title> with the #_EVENTNAME or Event Title for a Single Event Page.

Please note that I am not about a “Page Title”, otherwise known as a Heading – the text you see in the content. I am not talking about this at all, but just the <title>This is the Title that shows up in SERPs, bookmarks, etc.</title>.

I have gone through many of the forum threads here and clicked on many links that the members have provided to refer to their own sites – in whatever issue they are having. And nowhere have I found anyone successfully doing what I want to do.

I’d really like a solution.

The general events listing page having a title of “Events” makes sense.

But on a page ONLY about one very specific event – should be the title of that event – not “Events”…

Franky
    Keymaster

Then the title is maybe added/changed by another plugin (SEO or something alike).
    See here for examples of events and you’ll see that the title-html attribute changes accordingly:

http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=63

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Many thanks – this definitely addresses it! 🙂

I do have Yoast’s plug-in, so now I will try over at his support too 😛

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top