Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Phone number field in RSVP form

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,
    The booking form for an event is a problem for me. I impose the phone number (#REQ_PHONE) in the form but the field can not be filled by the reserved person. It seems you have to delete the pre-filled form before to be able to fill this field ? and how to keep the phone number for the next time ?
    Bests regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

as a complement
    There is an eme_phone in the WP table usermeta witch is display on the wp profile page. But i don’t find where it comes from. It is not from the eme_people table. Could you tell me how fill in this data correctly ?

Thanks Franky

Franky
    Keymaster

The clear-thing in the frontend only happens if you require WP membership for the event (it is in fact an autocomplete-field so when you have enough rights you can clear it and select another WP person). In that case also the phone is taken from your WP profile for EME (the phone field in your profile is added by EME).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Franky for your answer but I need more explications :
    The phone field in my profile is added by EME but where do it come from ?
    Is it mandatory that each person after login need to fill in the EME phone number in its WP profil page ?
    When EME ask me for this phone number ?

Thanks Franky

Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

If you require wp membership for your RSVP, regular users won’t have the right to change their info in the RSVP form (only the event owner, contact person or persons with the the correct role to edit eme events do). So for regular users it then stands to reason that the info comes from their wp profile, including the phone. So if you then require the phone field to be completed, they need to complete their wp profile.
    I do know this experience can be improved … If the phone field is required but their profile doesn’t provide it, it should not be read-only. I’ll see how to code around that for the next version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Franky

I understand.
    I tried to implement a phone number in people / members or membership but none filled in the eme_phone field in wp profile. Thanks for your work.
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will solve this (phone can be completed if not the case) and also added #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN , that only shows the form to logged in users but doesn’t use their WP info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Super merci. I am waiting for it
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

From the changelog:
    * Added event placeholder #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN, which shows the booking form only if logged in. The difference with requiring WP membership when defining the RSVP properties for an event is that in the latter case you can’t change your personal info (it comes from your profile)
    * Allow the phone field to be edited if the RSVP option “Require WP membership” is selected and the phone info in the WP userprofile is empty
    * Show a hint on autocomplete on the lastname field if you have the needed rights

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    I’m having the same problem again. I require the person to be a WP user. The fields are pre-filled except for the phone which has not yet been filled in the WP profile. The customer should be able to fill in his phone number in the booking form but he can’t? the entry in the field is forbidden to him.
    I skipped an info?

Franky
    Keymaster

Please read the forum post guidelines: https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/forums/topic/forum-post-guidelines/
    Also, this should once and for all fix it (your problem was introduced several versions ago): https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2309169/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry I used an old post. It was so similar…
    Thanks for the new file that solves my problem. And thank you again for the quality of your support.

Franky
    Keymaster

I made a small code adjustment there: https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2309293/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top