Events Made Easy Forums How do I … logged in user cannot change reservation info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I want to restrict reservations for an event so I used the #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN tag to allow only the admin to manage reservations. But it is not possible to change the reservation info: name and email cannot be changed, only the phone number can be changed (as it is not listed in my profile?).

This is unexpected, because in the RSVP tab under ‘Require WP membership for booking’ it says: “This will only show the booking form form for logged in users and prefill the form with the personal data from their wordpress profile. That data can’t be changed in the form then, so if you don’t want this, you can deactivate this option and use #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN to show the form to logged in users only.’
    The italic part suggests all user info can now be changed, but that isn’t the case.

Is this expected behavior? If so, it seems to me there is no difference between ‘Require WP membership for booking’ and #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN. Am I correct?

I read this thread, but that doesn’t seem to answer my question:
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/forums/topic/phone-number-field-in-rsvp-form/

Hope you can shed some light.

Franky
    Keymaster

I simplified that logic some time ago, to be able to better keep the link between a logged in user and a EME person. But maybe I should revisit this again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your response, and I understand simpler is generally better. 😉
    Also I realize this is quite a niche situation, but now essentially an account is required to make a reservation, which is already a separate option in the RSVP panel.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, in both cases ‘Require WP membership for booking’ and #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN a WP account is needed of course …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top