Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Wrong data in RSVP mail Custom Field

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky

I will try to be clear and understandable 🙂

Here is the RSVP Form:

<table class=’eme-rsvp-form’>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>Nom de famille*:</td>
    <td>#_LASTNAME</td>
    <td>Prénom*:</td>
    <td>#REQ_FIRSTNAME</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>E-Mail*:</td>
    <td>#_EMAIL</td>
    <td>Téléphone:*</td>
    <td>#REQ_PHONE</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Places*:</td>
    <td>#_SEATS</td>
    <td>Nom du chien*:</td>
    <td>#REQ_FIELD{4}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=”4″> #_SUBMIT</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Here is the RSVP Mail Model

Cher #_PERSONFULLNAME,

Vous avez bien réservé #_RESPSEATS place(s) pour #_EVENTNAME,
    Le #_STARTDATE{d/m/Y H:i} avec #_FIELD{4}

Si vous avez un empĂȘchement merci d’annuler via ce lien Cliquez ici
    Ou dans la rubrique “Mes rĂ©servations” sous le bouton “Compte” lorsque vous ĂȘtes connectĂ© au site.

Ajoutez Ă  votre calendrier: #_ICALLINK – Ajoutez Ă  Google Calendar

Cordialement,
    #_CONTACTPERSON

The problem is on the #_FIELD{4} (Dog name)

When the user change the #_FIELD{4} when booking (which is autorized), booking is correct but the mail sent to the user AND to the admin contains the old value of #_FIELD{4}

For Exemple Booking Data :

Nom de famille*: Dressage Club Picardie
    Prénom*: Secrétariat
    E-Mail*: xxxxx@dressagexxx.com
    Téléphone:* +32XXXXXX
    Places*: 1
    Nom du chien*: Sasha – Brutus

Mail Data

Cher Secrétariat Dressage Club Picardie,

Vous avez bien réservé 1 place(s) pour CHIOTS,
    Le 07/09/2022 17:30 avec TEST

Si vous avez un empĂȘchement merci d’annuler via ce lien Cliquez ici Ou dans la rubrique “Mes rĂ©servations” sous le bouton “Compte” lorsque vous ĂȘtes connectĂ© au site.

“TEST” is the old value of #_FIELD{4}, it should be “Sasha – Brutus”

Mvg
    Best regards

Franky
    Keymaster

Hum …. weird … where is the “TEST” value coming from? I use custo fields for a dog club too btw (and also in Belgium 😉 ), never encountered this.

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: I tried to reproduce that here, and it all works as expected. Since the form data is submitted via ajax call, it would be weird that the original data is used.
    Can you reproduce that reliably? Is it a browser problem? Any caching plugin on the site?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re welcome whenever you want we are in Brussels / Evere

“TEST” was the old value of the #_FIELD{4}, so after the booking the value is changed to “Sasha – Brutus”, but not in the mail, may be is the mail sent before the DB changes.

If i try now the book at a new event, the prefilled value of #_FIELD{4} is well “Sasha – Brutus”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried a new booking.

Changed the prefilled value (Sasha – Brutus) to “Sasha – Brutus TESTMAIL”

The booking value is correct but the mail i received is the old value
    I don’t use mail queue

I use WP_ROCKET but i excluded the /events/(*)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just tried with WP_ROCKET disabled and mail queue of 5 min, same problem

Franky
    Keymaster

Can you create a test event and send that url to me? You can set the event status to “hidden” so it won’t show in your public event lists.
    And also: a temporary admin account might be useful too, that speeds up possible debugging.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m a little bit unclear also about the “prefilled value”. How do you do change the data of that field? Because I’m thinking you’re doing things in the backend, not via a frontend rsvp form, is that possible?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Data is changed from the RSVP form front-end.

I can create you the admin account and the hidden event later I’m at the club for the moment.

Franky
    Keymaster

No example, no further feedback and I can’t reproduce it: so moving this to “generic”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry Franky, very busy day 🙁

I’m creating the access now

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, found the problem: due to caching of people answers (and the custom field being a person field), the cached answer was used for mail.
    This fixes it (I added some extra cache deletes and small other things, but the only file needing updating in your case is eme_rsvp.php): https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2782198/#file3

But, while on topic: you should use a field of purpose “rsvp” for booking info, since people can be present with different dogs. Now always the info gets overwritten and per booking it would be more relevant to that booking. But of course doing a person-field allows to retain the old value the next time someone logs in and books (if login is required), so it all depends on what you want 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonderful Franky !

I tried with a RSVP field at first but as you mentioned the user had to put again the dog’s name.

As 99% of the members will come with the same dog, i prefered to put it at person level. So it is prefilled each time, most of the person are quiet old or not comfortable with internet so i tried to make it “Boma proof”. In my case EME is only use as a Doodle like plugin. Only to prevent too much person at the same lesson. Our club grow from 100 members to 200+ during the covid period as other club closed in Brussel.

Thanks again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top