Events Made Easy Forums How do I … work with PayPal IPN?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

EME works fine, there’s only one last point:

PayPal processes correctly, user is guided back to the page I want to. PayPal sends IPN (I checked serverlogfile) but EME doesn’t mark booking as “paid”.

Also, I have no clue how to setup an email notification when a payment is received (the EME->settings->Email drafts->payment-notification is left blank and no code visible)

Could you point a documentation on this issue?

Many thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Check for eme_eventAction=paypal_ipn in your webserver logfiles. If that doesn’t appear in there, it means paypal is not connecting back to you. I’m providing the ipn-url for them, but that can be overridden in your paypal settings, so you need to check there too (and maybe easier: ask paypal for a little help, they’re more than willing to help you).
    Concerning the IPN mail template: it is just like any other booking mail template, the same placeholders apply. It is empty by default so if you want to receive an email upon IPN from a payment gateway, fill out the subject and content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Concerning “ipn” I could only find the following entry:

[29/Nov/2017:23:24:59 +0100] “POST /events/?eme_eventAction=paypal_notification HTTP/1.1” 503 265 “-” “PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )” xn--stmmler-o2a.de anon-62-91-72-97.ip.invalid

Does it mean, there was only a request send to paypal but there was no answer?

I do not have any possibilities changing any settings within PayPal concerning ipn. Do I need a business account? (As for now, I do not need any business status for my trainings)

Thanks again for your service!

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, I meant “eme_eventAction=paypal_notification”. So paypal is connecting back to you (that’s good), but your server posted a 503 reply to it (“Service unavailable”). So you should try to find out why your webserver refused this (mabe some security plugin?).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks again for your fast reply.

After your hint, I googled “PayPal IPN Strato”, because Strato is my German webhost.

There is a common security setting called “guestbook spamfilter“.

Unless it’s turned off, IPN will not work. Sadly, this security setting is not available per domain but for all websites running on Strato.

Now, it works fine! Payments are automatically marked within bookings.

Thank you very much!

Franky
    Keymaster

Glad to hear!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top