Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Wordspress EME clash?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I just discovered a problem and don’t know how to solve it.

We just launched (payed) memberships and someone registered to our membership, who already participated in an event and had himself a WP-account created. We choose to give both members + certain event participants WP-accounts.

Now this is what happened: he is registered as an inactive member, without an emailaddres in it! And EME made a second WP-account for him.

I can’t merge the old and new WP account and I can’t register his email in his membership details, because it is coupled with the new WP-account.

How to solve this? I want to merge the two WP accounts, so that his membership is coupled with an email, so he can activate/pay for his membership.

btw: he is the only case this happened to, other members who also had participated before and have a WP-account, for them everything went okay. So I don’t understand where this problem originated from?

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I added more checks to make sure the email is not empty when registering from the frontend or when a wp user needs to be created.
    Concerning the merging: just add his info from the new to the old wp account (if anything different) and delete the new.
    In EME: best is to go in the database and then set the person_id of the new member (in the members table) to the person_id of the existing person. Otherwise you would need to recreate the member later on …
    Then in EME add his info from the new to the old person account (if anything different) and delete the new. The next version of EME will allow membership transfer to another person if you delete a person, so then these last 2 steps won’t be needed anymore.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your steps worked, thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top