Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Widget Categories not working as expected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I’m not sure when this happened, but somewhere along the way, my widgets are not displaying the appropriate categories. In fact, it seems that the “include” and “exclude” fields do absolutely nothing with regard to my widgets.

To demonstrate, please view minutemenministries.org and see the sidebar. I have set the widget to display several categories that are NOT displaying here. Also, there are categories that have been explicitly excluded that are in this sidebar. It seems that whatever categories are being displayed are being displayed universally on every widget on my site (compare homepage sidebar with sidebar on minutemenministries.org/ministries/the-war/ and sidebar on minutemenministries.org/ministries/cola-clash). They all are displaying the same events when they should be displaying different events. It appears my schedule page is functioning properly and displaying the appropriate categories.

Please fix!

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tested it here: including: works fine, excluding had a bug if more than 1 category was selected.
    Fixed here: http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/1262648
    However: mixing both include and exclude might produce weird results … (buf first try the fix)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I downloaded the fix in 1.5.50, unselected the excluded items, but still not all categories are appearing in the sidebar. Categories are appearing that should not and categories are not appearing that should appear.

Particularly, I have categories “Cola Clash”, “Real Character”, “The War”, “War of Special Forces”, and “War Blitz” selected to be included in the widget, but currently I am not seeing the category “War of Special Forces” in the list, though it is selected, and the category “Revival Meeting” is showing up in the list though it is not selected.

It’s so strange. It used to work properly and I have not changed anything in my code to account for this wacky behavior.

Franky
    Keymaster

Weird … any chance of mailing me an admin account?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would be fine. Send me an email at bobbybosler@gmail.com and I’ll get you some login credentials.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, I know this is technically in the “Bug Fixed” category, but my bug was never fixed. I do believe that your widget include/exclude categories filter is messed up.

Franky
    Keymaster

As said at that time: all works just fine here, and I failed to reproduce the problem. Also on your side it seems ok, but just doesn’t seem to be working at all. Old changes from 15 months ago are not relevant.
    In your case, I’d need a full admin account (can’t edit the plugin from the admin backend right now), ftp access in case I mess things up and access to your database.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top