Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Where to Start? Interactive Bookings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi folks,

Thanks first for the amazing plugin!

Okay, here’s the deal.

I help run a games group. We meet of an evening in a pub and play games on six tables. I’d like players to be able to book a table and specify the game they’d like to play and any variables. I’d like to make it possible for other players to see not only the remaining unused tables but also the part booked tables with the information about the game that the existing booker has proposed.

An example.

Gareth wants to play speed chess. He visits the club site, and books table one this Tuesday at 6.00. He selects ‘Chess’ from the drop down list of game types and, because he’s always in a hurry specifies ’15 sec turns’ in the ‘notes’ field.

Dave visits the site a little later and sees the remaining 5 tables free, he also sees table 1 with the following information. ‘Player: Gareth’, ‘Game: Chess’, ‘Notes: 15 sec turns’. Since this is just the sort of game he is looking for he books the remaining slot at table one. The game is on!

I can set up the events but I am struggling with how to display the information placed by the first booker.

Super Optional Stuff:

In an ideal world the first player would be able to accept the booking of the second but I think that goes against the grain a little too much. Unless anyone has any ideas?

Franky
    Keymaster

What you need here is what’s in the feature request queue: a new shortcode that not just lists the attendees, but the bookings+comments

But for a dropdown of “chess” and other games, another feature request is in the queue and that is the ability to specify extra fields in the RSVP form. So for both: feature request in the pipeline

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

In the mean time is there anything available that does what I’m looking to do? I find I’m very rarely the first to try to do something…

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, you have very special requirements here, so I can’t recall of anything else. Maybe you can look into “Events Manager” as an alternative plugin?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top