Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Waiting list for booked events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought I read something like this previously, but can’t find it now. My client asked if there could be a waiting list for a booked event.

Anonymous
    Inactive

btw… this is also a “nice to have” item… my 3rd and final one for the day. Of the 3, the color calendar text would rank highest. 🙂

Hope your premiere was a success!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just coming on to ask this question too. Wondering if you had any creative ideas for waiting lists with this plugin if it doesn’t have it built in. It certainly is a nice to have. Wondering if there is a way of doing it without creating two of every event once its full and naming it “event name – waiting list”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a low priority item for my client, so I haven’t pursued any solution in the meantime. But off the top of my head… what about displaying a simple contact7 form if available spaces is zero – they input their name and email, and you set the subject line to the event name? You could just save the emails in a folder for future reference, or even setup an email id just for this purpose. Not optimum, but easy.

Franky
    Keymaster

Nice workaround though! I think it’s a very good solution, because coding up something like this is much more difficult. Using conditional tags and the contact form gets you a long way indeed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As an ‘oldtimer’ who is a definite ‘lightweight’ in current technology, I will take that as a compliment! Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I captured this post and would add +1 for a feature request of a waiting list or overbooking option!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too think this is a neat feature for tournaments.

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will have this, so closing this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top