Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Visibility page only for non-pending registered users + admin

• This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Have another question again!

I was registering people for an event (same thing with paying after approvement), so I made a second (private) event, which you can only reach as a WP-user.

I only figured out that pending-event WP-users can also see this page. I tried to make an eme_if loop, but it didn’t work out (at least not for me as an admin, so I guess it doesn’t work for the users either)

I put this around the single event page:

[eme_if tag='#_IS_AUTHOR_OR_CONTACTPERSON' value='1'][eme_if2 tag='#_IS_REGISTERED{event id}' value='1']#_NOTES<br />#_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_IN_GROUP{users in specific group}#_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED[/eme_if2][/eme_if]

for event id I put the event id number (9)
    and for users in specific group = exactly the name of the group I put the WP-users in of the event

Also, I thought that pending-users could not pay through a booking form, but it was somehow possible? (I don’t understand why the template exists then in Mollie?)

Hopefully you can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another option for me, would be to not make WP-users before approvement and only after paying.
    And sending in the approvement e-mail an invite-url to the paying event.

I do have a request for future option: ability to chose when to make a WP-user (like, after approvement?). And to restrict an event-page to registered (non-pending) users and admin only.

That would make everything easier. =D

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t really understand what you’re asking here … if you have a page that you don’t want people to see, use EME memberships or wrap your content in eme_if statements with placeholders that can be used outside events (not those that you’re giving as an example). See https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-1-conditional-tags/ , search for “generic placeholders”. #_IS_REGISTERED does not take an argument, so your statement is not correct there (it is only to be used inside an event template). Also your statement reads to only show the booking form
    Anyway, the latest EME version has the option to not show the payment form after registration (so you need to send them the payment url via email upon approving or so).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry, perhaps I am not good in explaining it well enough.

It’s not a WP normal page, but an EME booking/eventpage (to pay only) and with some extra information for the event-attendees. So the placeholders should work, since it is inside the (single) event template?

A membership would be a possibility, but in theory it is not a membership and this would need an extra form to fill in since you can’t put anyone automatically in a membership after registering for an event?

I don’t see any generic placeholders that I could use, if I were to make a page outside of EME?

Franky
    Keymaster

I think there’s misunderstanding here: when sending a booking-related mail (pending/approved/…) you can use placeholders inside that mail. #_PAYMENT_URL is such a placeholder and points people to a payment page. It’s the only valid way to have people pay afterwards for a booking. No need to create own pages for that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aah ok, yes I know about that, but I also wanted to integrate a cancellation form + private space for the attendees there to get study materials.

I guess I have to make payment_url e-mail and cancel_link in it instead of event with booking form and make a different WP page (not an even) where I will give restricted acces to members (I’ll just register them as members, without a real payed membership).

Thanks for thinking with me! I think I can manage with this.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you just want to restrict access to content on a page, you do can use several EME placeholders together with eme_if to restrict access to logged-in users:

#_IS_USER_IN_GROUP{xxx}
    #_IS_USER_MEMBER_OF{xxx}
    #_IS_USER_MEMBER_PENDING{xxx}
    #_IS_USER_MEMBER_EXPIRED{xxx}
    #_USER_HAS_ROLE{xxx}
    #_USER_HAS_CAP{xxx}

See https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-1-conditional-tags/
    So you don’t really need memberships, but you can use EME groups too to restrict access. Configuring the access via EME memberships is easier though, since that can be done on the page in WP via added EME access settings.

Franky
    Keymaster

Next to that, in a single event template, you can use eme_if to show/hide certain content too. And the cancel form can be added outside eme_if:

[eme_if tag='#_IS_REGISTERED' value='1']#_NOTES blablabla[/eme_if]
    #_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED

Of course the is_registered check is not enough if they haven’t paid yet. But checking a booking for paid is not possible on an event level (one person can make multiple bookings by default). What I could do is add some is_paid placeholder that then checks for all bookings for the logged-in person for that event and returns 1 if all bookings are paid for. But that’s not in the code yet.

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will have a new conditional event placeholder #_IS_REGISTERED_PAID , to check if a logged-in person is already registered and has no unpaid bookings for the event.
    See: https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2482622/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used the placeholder “#_IS_USER_IN_GROUP{xxx}” and added myself (admin) to the group with an [eme_if] and it worked perfectly, thanks! I didn’t know why I was making it difficult for myself.

And great if you are making a new placeholder for paid registered users 🙂 thanks!

Btw: I was trying to remove people from the pending list, but that command didn’t work. I just deleted the bookings eventually.

Franky
    Keymaster

“I was trying to remove people from the pending list, but that command didn’t work.” ==> which command are you talking about? There is such a thing as pending bookings, but not pending people.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry I meant pending bookings.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, and which command then? Because if something is not working, I need to fix it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well in Dutch it is the command: ‘haal boeking van wachtlijst’. But nothing happens when I do that.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you use the “waiting” list, it means you switch a booking between the waiting list and actual pending. So moving a booking from the waiting list just makes it a regular pending booking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh ok, I obviously don’t know the difference between those two… got to read the documentation then.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top