Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented v1.6.8 breaks table formatting of [eme_events]

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a table of events on the following page:
    http://cfd.direct/openfoam-training/schedule/

The table formatting is configured in:
    Settings -> Events -> Events Format

The table formats correctly in v1.6.6 – to which I have currently downgraded.
    In v1.6.8, all the table formatting is lost – <table>, <tr>, <td>,

etc are all missing from the HTML.
    Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, but this I can’t reproduce. The event listing shows html just fine here. See as an example this page with bold in the event listing:
    http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=63
    It’s an ul-list, but shouldn’t be any different than a table …
    If you can reproduce this on a test site, give me some admin access so I can check this out myself …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

Just wondering if this can be fixed with a code walk-through. I diff’d everything and found the table works correctly if I modify the events-manager.php file in v1.6.9 by

Replacing line 2195
    $format = eme_replace_event_location_placeholders ( $format, $event, $target, 0, $lang);

With:
    $format = eme_replace_locations_placeholders ( $format, $location, $target, 0, $lang );

I guess the problem is caused by the introduction of the new function in eme_locations.php:
    eme_replace_event_location_placeholders. The two if controls are true so the code executes:
    $event = eme_get_extralocation_data($event);
    return eme_replace_locations_placeholders($format, $event, $target, $do_shortcode, $lang);

Is there a mix up in the arguments to the last function (from location -> event)?

Franky
    Keymaster

In order to eliminate some sql statements, $event now also contains the location info if location info is present. The call to eme_replace_event_location_placeholders can thus call eme_replace_locations_placeholders with $event providing all location info.
    Now, the way you changed it can’t work since there’s no longer a $location variable in that function, so by changing line 2195
    $format = eme_replace_event_location_placeholders ( $format, $event, $target, 0, $lang);

With:
    $format = eme_replace_locations_placeholders ( $format, $location, $target, 0, $lang );

you should now have a warning in your apache logfiles saying that $location is unknown or so.
    But as you can see on my example page, my event list + html + location info all works fine.

But now that you mention it, it seems there’s a problem with events *without* location info … checking now.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, should be fixed here:
    http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/1343375

Releasing 1.6.10 for this now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could it be that the change works for me because I don’t use location information in the events table [eme_events]?

What I do is create each event with an external link to an event-location page I prepare “by hand” which includes location information with the [eme_location] tag and a booking form with [eme_add_multibooking_form].

(I don’t use the “special events page” and would like to remove the warning)

Franky
    Keymaster

Check the new release, all should be as before again

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

It worked. Great job. Donation sent.

Chris

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top