Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Using arbitrary locations with qTranslate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the settings page it says this by “Use dropdown for locations?: When the qtranslate plugin is installed and activated, this setting will be ignored and always considered ‘Yes’.”

Is there a simple way to override this? I don’t need the locations to be translated, but every event I plan to create will have a different location so having to add that location first will be quite cumbersome for my use case.

Thanks for any advice!

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s no simple way to override this. If you really can live without translations for the locations, you can change it manually though. Just comment out the following lines in eme_events.php at around line 1272:

if (function_exists('qtrans_useCurrentLanguageIfNotFoundUseDefaultLanguage')) {
    $use_select_for_locations=1;
    }

And the same lines in eme_locations.php at around 662 if you want the autocompletion of locations to work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That worked like a charm — exactly what I needed!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Is there some place to donate to you?

Franky
    Keymaster

Glad to hear. Do take note of these changes, so that after an update you can re-apply them (maybe I’ll make it configurable anyway …).

You can always donate using the donate button on the doc site: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top