Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Use the WP member data on RSVP

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I’m creating events for people registered on my WP; Is it possible to not show the form and directly use wordpress member data?
    I would also like that unregistered people could access the event page and force them to register in wordpress on the same page of the event, is it possible?
    I activated “By default require WP membership to be able to register?” but it show “You need to be logged in in order to be able to register for this event.” It’s not possible to force register at the same RSVP form?

I was searching in your documentation before writing!
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-6-registration-form-fields/

thanks a lot!

Franky
    Keymaster

If you require WP membership, then indeed that is the behavior.
    However, you can add (inside the single event format setting) another shortcode that checks if the user is logged in and if not show a link to the login-page. For example, in your single event format you’d have somewhere #_ADDBOOKINGFORM (which renders the form or the message that you need to log in), so the nicest way to solve it is to replace that by:

#_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_LOGGED_IN
    [eme_if tag='#_IS_LOGGED_IN' value='0']show the link to login/register[/eme_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I don’t use WP membership. It’s a site with learndash and woocommerce to register users.
    I would like to use that information prevously registered to avoid that users have to fill the form all the time.

Thanks for the code, but if I use it, the register form appears twice if the user is logged; one for have checked “Enable bookings for this event” and other for your code.
    If I disabled “Enable bookings for this event” the form doesn’t show up even once.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you don’t use WP memberships, EME doesn’t know who is making the booking and can’t use previously entered data (EME doesn’t use cookies to store info).
    Also, for the form: if you use the code I showed, you need to change your single event format setting for that (and replace #_ADDBOOKINGFORM by it).

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: if you have your own method of identifying users, you can use the EME filter eme_field_value_filter to pre-enter info based on info you provide (see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/ )

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks a lot! it works fine.

last question: I’m searching for a option to the user that can buy 5 seats with discount and use the remaining four seats at later events. There’s something like this? (I’m not sure if in english the term is “bond”)

thanks,

Franky
    Keymaster

sorry, but that is not directly possible. You can use a discount of type “code”, but then you need to code up the discount logic yourself … a way would be to link a discount to a person so only he can reuse that discount code.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, I’ll take a look at the code options.

thanks!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top