Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented use the used coupon at RSVP mails and Booking recorded message

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

I’m unsure if this was something that should already be possible or if this is a new request.

I like to have the value that is entered at #_DISCOUNT to be re-displayed at the Booking recorded message and be part of the RSVP mails.

I had this request or similar back of those days where I was using custom code for coupons and that was not possible as the value was not stored (only used for calculation).
    But now that you have build in discounts into your code I wonder if you already have something related prepared? However, I was not able to find that in the docs?

Cheers
    Joerg

Franky
    Keymaster

Search for #_TOTALDISCOUNT 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

But will this give back the amount or the code that the user entered?

I want to have the code lets say ASHAS-2018-1234-ASH instead of 99.00 EUR.

Franky
    Keymaster

Nope, not possible since that is not saved.
    You could add “DISCOUNT” in your text and then use one of the email filters mentioned at http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/12-hooks-and-filters/ to replace the “DISCOUNT” with what they entered (see the array $_POST); but what they enter is not always what is being taken into account (if they enter a false value or so …)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, exactly, I want to know what they entered even if it was not used (maybe they had a typo) the issue currently is that users may use a coupon and I do not know which one 🙁

When I go to change a booking the price is back to the regular pricing but the RSVP mail and booking recorded message showed a discounted (if not even a zero price).

To me it would be essential to know the code they entered as I use the coupon for voucher and gift voucher and I need to know which gift voucher has been used to void these voucher for further usage. (Ok, I can set the coupons just to be used once) however, knowing what users did enter and see this information at the booking info at the admin backend is important to me.

Maybe you can include something instead of the need for me to put something in place with custom code (that I cannot write) please!?

Franky
    Keymaster

If you need to know what they entered regardless of the fact that is is used, you’d need to code it anyway. Storing entered data that is not used makes no sense.
    But I already store the reference to the applied discount or discount group, so returning that with a placeholder should be no problem …
    Edit: and that discount name is already shown in the csv and printable booking reports btw.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, if they entered something wrong, it will not be recorded, I can live with that. But as you store the reference to existing codes, a placeholder pull out the used code would be nice to have and satisfy my needs.

So we might get new placeholders that will show maybe not just the code but also the discount group, discount code and deduction?

Will we also see these information at the edit/display screen of the RSVP within the admin section?

Many thanks in advance…

Franky
    Keymaster

It took more time than anticipated, and even a database change was required ..
    But the latest dev now supports a new rsvp placeholder #_APPLIEDDISCOUNTNAMES, returning a csv-list of applied discount names.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

many thanks for taking this action (and so fast), I just installed the latest DEV to my stage.

My tests show that the placeholder is not showing what I expected. It is not showing the discount coupon name the user entered. It just shows “Discounts”?

At the admin section only the discount group is displayed but not showing the discount code (the value is displayed above the discount group).

May I kindly ask you to check back please?

Cheers and thanks
    Joerg

Anonymous
    Inactive

As I said it is just showing “Discounts”, I meant the placeholder just returns “nothing” “Discounts” was the word I used that should be followed by the placeholders value.

Franky
    Keymaster

Small code issue. Fixed in dev now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

that’s a bit better, however, the name of the discount is used instead of the discount code that was entered.

At the admin page still only the discount group appears but not the discount code used.

Cheers
    Joerg

Franky
    Keymaster

Like I said: #_APPLIEDDISCOUNTNAMES, returning a csv-list of applied discount names
    Not (and never) the discount code entered (which is useless anyway, because it matches the discount definition). Doing that would require a lot more work, without any gain for me whatsoever …
    Concerning the group+names: it should work but only for newer ones, not for older bookings (there only the groupid was stored if a group discount was to be applied).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well the discount name is better than nothing, I simply need to adjust my workflow and it suits my needs.

I can confirm now that the admin page shows also the discount name below the group.

Many thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Cool, good to hear!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top