Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Use of CSS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    As you write in the documentation about “Changing the layout: CSS”, I have created a file eme.css in the child-theme directory. I have changed the background-color for .eventless-today in yellow. But it is still gray in the front-end. When I look at the inspector I see that the eme.css in the child-theme directory is override by the eme.css of the plugin.
    So what can I do to have the wanted background-color?
    Best regards
    Frédéric.

Franky
    Keymaster

Can you provide a demo url?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Franky
    Keymaster

It seems you’re using an optimize plugin, can you try without that first?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a local site with MAMP where I have desactivated Autoptimize and WP-optimize. I used also Asset Cleanup : Page speed which permit to unload some js and css files according the needs. On the page wher I load EME I have gray and on the page I unload eme.css I have yellow. When I desactivate the Asset Cleanup plugin. On all the pages I have the gray background-color.
    Do I need to do the same thing on the real website. It could be also the theme because when I use the adaptative css of the theme Poseidon I have the same pb my css is override by yours.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I disabled autoptimize and wp-optimize. You can compare the page “Our yachts” and “Scheduled sailings” on my website.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m not sure on how/where you add the eme.css from your child theme, because it isn’t there: there’s only 1 eme.css file loaded on https://vogue-et-reve.fr/planning/ .
    What I do see is that you (or your theme) seem to be using inline css for the override, but you’re not specific enough You’re just using ‘.eventless-today’ while you should be using ‘table.eme-calendar-table td.eventless-today’

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are right : on my website I have not still used a second eme.css in theme directory but only the custom CSS of my theme. I use now the complete style you have given me and all is as I wanted. Thanks a lot Franky.:-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

So on the website you can check know I have desactivated Autoptimize and WP-Optimize. You can compare this link https://vogue-et-reve.fr/nos-voiliers/
    and this one https://vogue-et-reve.fr/reservations-navigations/
    .eventless-today from eme.css plugin EME overwrites my other parameters ?

Franky
    Keymaster

There is an event planned today on your calendar, so it is not “eventless-today” but “eventful-today”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Franky. I had seen it and I chose the colour orange in this case.
    If you didn’t see this color it might be because of the cache. I don’t load all EME js and css on some pages to lighten them. I don’t know if it’s a good choice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top