Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Use Multisite to keep separate calendars and then consolidate them?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, Franky, I cannot say enough good things about EME and how you’ve coded it and your support. I recommend it a lot!

I am getting ready to install a new site – it will have the following stucture:

Main Site

– Show Site

– Class Site

– Performances Site

I would like to set up calendars in all 4 sites, but have an option of pulling all events to a page or widget on the main site.

I realize you don’t have this functionality now and I will code it myself, but I’m hoping you can give me some advice on the best way to proceed. Should I write something to automatically post and update events from the subsites to the main site’s EME (I think that will get messy from the admin point of view) Or do I use hooks/modify code to pull the data from all 4 places (imposing filters, etc.) after the info is gathered?

(I’ve already used many of your so-nice-to-have hooks to write a Google interface)

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m guessing the best thing to do would be to use a hook so when an event is entered in a subsite, you enter it in the DB of the master. But that might result in problems when removing it again (because you can’t keep the event id) … The whole idea of subsites is data sepearation of course.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top