Events Made Easy Forums Generic Upgrade to 2.1.6 breaks paypal payment functionality – no payment button

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just upgraded to 2.1.6 (from about 2.1.3).
    Button that goes to paypal no longer appears after submitting RSVP form. Says only:

Payment handling
    The price in USD is: 15.00

…in that space.
    Likewise if I use the link in the registration confirmation e-mail, page shown has no button going to paypal, only same text as above.

Looking in EME payment settings, under “RSVP: paypal options,” no field for paypal e-mail address any more.
    Shows these two fields instead:

PayPal client ID
    PayPal secret

Link for info on those fields goes to some kind of technical developer content at paypal.
    Internet search on paypal client ID or secret also returns technical developer info links.

Bottom line is, paypal payment now not available and info linked from new fields is not helpful in fixing that for ‘typical’ admin who just expects to put in paypal address etc. and have it work like before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I see from changelog this was done in 2.1.2 so I must have been at 2.1.1 before going to 2.1.6. Looks like I am on my own to try and figure out how to make it work again.
    It’s a “feature” not a bug.

My comment while closing the issue is, this seems like more than a N.N.x revision. To have to learn how to create this ‘app’ in some kind of paypal developer tools, how many WP admins would know how to do that?
    If I had seen a change to 2.2.x, I would more likely have looked at changelog first, as a N.N.x revision is usually trivial things and this is core functionality. I will look at changelog every time before upgrading now.

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you bother to browse through that page? A little bit down it explains how to “Create an app for testing”, it takes you one minute.
    Moreover: it is the new PayPal way of doing things (their own provided PHP API doesn’t support the old method). If it is unclear: please ask PayPal. PayPal claims more functionality and statistics and such .. .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top