Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Update Person Custom Field from RSVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m successfully using a custom Person field on my RSVP form to capture a respondents company name. When someone first RSVP’s this works as expected, after that the Company entered on the RSVP form is ignored and the initial entry (which is stored against the person in the database) is used.

This means that if a user changes companies between the first event they ever registered for and the most recent event, the original company name is always used.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows the Person record to be updated by the most recently submitted RSVP form please?

Failing that, is there a setting available to treat a Person record as unique for each Event? (the other nice benefit of that might be that I could GDPR purge the people after each event without potentially messing up future bookings for a person).

Thanks for your help,
    Jon.

Franky
    Keymaster

I need to check the code for updating personal fields in the db. Of course it should always take the latest info from the form.
    Concerning your second request: you can create a custom formfield and use it in your rsvp form, bt just don’t designate it as a “person field”. That way it will be stored with the booking, and not with the person. This is the recommended method if you ask for booking-specific info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky, making it a Generic field has fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
    Jon.

Franky
    Keymaster
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top