Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Update Paid Status

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My users who have registered for an event and paid through PayPal are not showing as Paid in the backend. I added the payment notification link to the IPN field in my PayPal account. Am I missing something? There is no documentation I can find on how to link your PayPal account to the EME plugin so that it updates and confirms paid users.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is what I see when I look at my access logs:
    [Tue Jul 07 03:20:43 2015] "POST /calendar/events/?eme_eventAction=paypal_notification HTTP/1.0" 200 0 "-" "PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )"

Franky
    Keymaster

This seems to be ok to me, and the return code too. So the paid status should get updated …
    If not, you should try to capture the whole post request to see what happens.
    Or you can activate logging by changing the following lines in eme_payments.php, lines 576 and following:

$ipn->log_to_file = false; // write logs to file
    $ipn->log_filename = ‘/path/to/ipn.log’; // the log filename (should NOT be web accessible and should be writable)

// log to e-mail options
    $ipn->log_to_email = false; // send logs by e-mail
    $ipn->log_email = ”; // where you want to receive the logs
    $ipn->log_subject = ‘IPN Log: ‘; // prefix for the e-mail subject

Set to ‘true’ for either filebased and/or email logging and change the other variables accordingly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I changed both the logo to file and log to email options. Nothing writes to the log file and nothing sends to the email I specified.

Is there any way you can help me figure this out? I need paid users to be confirmed.

Thanks,
    Anna

Franky
    Keymaster

The file only gets written if the webserver has access to that file.
    The email only gets sent if your php installation knows how to correctly send mail.
    Both cases are beyond my control, these things should get fixed first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The log file has settings of: 733
    Is that what you mean?

Franky
    Keymaster

3 is not a valid permission. Try 777 to be sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still nothing. I changed settings to 777 and I’ve done test transactions to check and nothing logs.

Franky
    Keymaster

If nothing logs, something else is wrong. You should check the webserver logfiles for possible hints. At paypal, you can also do tests towards your server to get logs.
    But a small question: are you sure /calendar/events is the correct url for your events?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The events page is a sub-page of the calendar page. It doesn’t really need to be that way though. Could that be messing it up? I do have it directing to the events page in the EME settings.

I really appreciate your help. Would it be possible to email you login info/logs?

Franky
    Keymaster

Try with a regular page (not subpage), maybe indeed there are issues. Also refresh your permalink settings.
    I’m leaving on holidays for 2 weeks, so support from me will be minimal 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Updated both the events page to be a main page and the permalink settings. Nothing changed. Still doesn’t approve/update paid status. And nothing logs.

A few more questions.

1. In the PayPal documentation regarding adding IPN it talks about API access. Is that a setting I need to change? The documentation and my dashboard do not match so I wasn’t sure how to go about doing this. But this is the step I’m referring to:

2. Check your API settings. Click My selling tools. Expand “Selling online” if needed and check “API access.” Click Update and Add or edit API permission or View API signature.

2. Are there settings in my hosting or template I should be looking into?

3. Does it matter if the PayPal account is verified or unverified? My friend (who this is for) hasn’t linked her account to her bank which is required for a verified status.

I hope you enjoy your holiday! Thanks so much for your help thus far.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do I need to copy&paste the IPN listener script somewhere, or is that already on the URL I’m sending it to?

A step by step direction on how to link EME to PayPal would be so helpful. Lol.

Franky
    Keymaster

You shouldn’t change any api settings AFAIK. But try the ipn tester : https://developer.paypal.com/developer/ipnSimulator
    The ipn link to use can be found in the eme settings concerning PayPal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to fix the logging issue. Now I’m getting a warning:

.LOG
    ————————————————
    ———– [ 29/09/2015 12:59:01 ] ————
    ————————————————
    WARNING: invalid IPN detected

IPN Values received:

————————————————
    ————————————————

————————————————
    ———– [ 29/09/2015 13:01:56 ] ————
    ————————————————

IPN Values received:

————————————————
    ————————————————

————————————————
    ———– [ 29/09/2015 13:02:17 ] ————
    ————————————————

IPN Values received:

————————————————
    ————————————————

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello jaonenla,

I’ve done this if you did not already.
    On your PayPal account you choose “Preferences” and then “More Options” then “Instant Payment Notification Preferences” then in settings you copy and paste the URL that you will find in the settings EME Paypal. (Ex: http://www.yourdomaine.com/events/?eme_eventAction=paypal_notification)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks sleininger!

I did do that. The problem ended up being I had to use the server address instead of the URL in IPN.php and eme_payments.php.

/home/www/webaddress.com/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/ipn.log

I’m not sure how that worked, but it seems to be processing correctly now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top