Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Unable to publish Events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to publish fine and then foolishly tried to alter the Permalink. Now none of the events will render. I’m receiving this message when I select an event to view:
    ” [Site] is currently unable to handle this request.”

I moved all the events to draft and created a new one, didn’t copy a previous event.
    Still receiving the error.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

Sometimes wp has issues with permalinks, then the simple solution is to go in the main wp permalink settings and press “save changes”. That should do it.
    But more: that is not even a wordpress error … so maybe some security plugin is blocking you
    Also, check this site to help guide you to find the problem:
    https://muffingroup.com/blog/currently-unable-to-handle-this-request/
    (maybe your site php error log already has a hint on the problem)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Franky. Didn’t fix it, but I’ll ask the Sr. web person if anything was recently changed.
    Should a custom structure be created for EME?

Ron

Franky
    Keymaster

“custom structure”? EME has its own settings for permalinks, and you can change them, that’s it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t want to do that! I was trying to figure out if this WP setting is something to use or run away from and use the defaults:
    Optional
    If you like, you may enter custom structures for your category and tag URLs here. For example, using topics as your category base would make your category links like https://velocitycoop.org/topics/uncategorized/. If you leave these blank the defaults will be used.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME can only use permalinks if WordPress uses them (and even then you can disable this in the EME settings). If WordPress doesn’t use permalinks, neither can EME.
    For the rest EME has its own structure, not configurable from wp permalink settings, so don’t panic there 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you. Following the instructions in the link you provided, I changed browsers and now the page is rendering. Thank you. Another problem, 🙁 but I will search for a solution first.

Franky
    Keymaster

And what was the problem in this case (that you managed to solve)?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top