Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Trouble with Recurring Event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I am trying to schedule a recurring event and cannot save the data I am inputting. I have enabled recurrence on the General Settings page.

The event is a farmer’s market that occurs every Saturday, 9am-1pm and it is ongoing from May to October

On the Add new event page, I have entered an Event Name. In the RECURRENCE field, I have checked the box, then selected Weekly and checked the Saturday box.

In the Recurrence Dates field, I have entered this coming Saturday’s date (7/11/15) as the start date and 10/24/15 as the recurrence end date.

I have made the Event date start/end fields 7/11/15 to indicate the event happens in a single day.
    I have then entered start and stop times, an Address, and event Details.

When I then click on SAVE button, the Add screen turns gray with no data and nothing happens, so the event is stuck in limbo and not being saved. Up in the address bar, the following URL displays:
    http://www.malvernbusiness.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&eme_admin_action=insert_event

Am I leaving something out?

As an aside, I have specified in the EVENTS setting page the following default event list format (not sure if this is relevant or not):

<dt>#_LINKEDNAME</dt>
    <dd>#F #j, #Y[eme_if tag="#ESC_{F j, Y}" notvalue="#ESC@_{F j, Y}"] through #@_{F j, Y}[/eme_if]<br />
    #_ATT{altHours}{#g:#i#a - #@g:#@i#@a}<br />
    #_ADDRESS</dd>

Thanks for any help you can shed on how to get this recurring event thing working!
    My website is http://www.malvernbusiness.com.
    ~Barb

Franky
    Keymaster

Seems fine to me. If the box turns grey, this means something else is intervening with the form submit … maybe you got a popup of some kind that you’re blocking, or some antispam feature being too strict …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I don’t think either of your suggestions are the case, however. I say this because I never have an issue when I add a single event. The form submits fine and the event is saved….

Any other thoughts or possibly a workaround suggestion?

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

You could try the following: check your webserver logfiles for possible errors, activate WP debugging and try again, use firefox web developer tools to see what happens at submit

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – I am having the same exact problem. I’m not sure how to do the WP debugging – we had the same problem on a difference computer so…

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the new error message I am getting.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method DateTime::diff() in /home/content/04/8213904/html/WeEmpowerLeaders/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/eme_functions.php on line 429

Franky
    Keymaster

Datetime::diff is a function present in php 5.3 or newer. If you don’t have that function, it means that your php version is way too old.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top