Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented To / From directions form inside InfoWindow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there anyway to have to and from directions forms inside the InfoWindow like in this example: http://econym.org.uk/gmap/example_events.htm.

I had this working using EM 2.2.2, but now I’m looking to upgrade to WP 3.0.1 and EME. However I’m having a hard time adapting the feature with EME. (Partly because of the multiple maps support.) I also have a “zoom here” feature I’ve been trying to add.

Franky
    Keymaster

You can have driving directions using the placeholder #_DIRECTIONS (but not inside the infowindow yet).

But if you mail me the code how you did it in 2.2.2 I can try to adapt it to the current version. The google api has been updated to v3, so that changes things as well. Normally the javascript is more “correct” now, but functional identical to previous versions. I’ll take a look at the gmap example.

Do you have an example for the zooming feature?

Franky
    Keymaster

Update: it is very easy to add the current “directions” form to the infowindow as well, but since I build the content dynamically, the infowindow gets the wrong height then. Adding 5 or 6 extra
    tags fixes this.

So I’ll add it to the code, but with this as remark.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. The directions placeholder is a good alternative. Here is the web site I’m currently running EM 2.2.2 on.

http://www.communityhealingrooms.com/events/?event_id=33

At the bottom you can see the Google Map, and the InfoWindow that has a link for To and From directions and a link to Zoom in.

Here is the modified JavaScript for 2.2.2 with the to/from directions feature and the zoom feature: http://www.communityhealingrooms.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/events-manager/dbem_single_location_map.js

Part of the problem I am having with the zoom feature is the function not being able to access s_map. I think this may be due to s_map being a local variable.

Franky
    Keymaster

The “Zoom here” seems not very useful to me: you can zoom using the scrollbutton on your mouse or using the zoom controls … But look how I did it in the javascript:

google.maps.event.addListener(s_marker, "click", function() {
    // the content of s_marker is available via "this"
    this.infowindow.open(this.map,this);
    });

For the addlistener thingie, use “this.map”.

I couldn’t help but noticing: your subscription form seems expanded (more fields than the default one). Adapted code?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You mean the form on the Training Registration page after you click the link that says “Register for this seminar?” That’s just Contact Form 7.

Franky
    Keymaster

Oh, ok. So you don’t use the RSVP feature from EM? Maybe you’ll like EME better then 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top