Events Made Easy Forums How do I … “There was a problem editing your template, please try again.”

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m trying to insert HTML code into the template but it keeps giving me this error: “There was a problem editing your template, please try again.”

I designed my template in Beefree.io then copied the code into a website. If I insert the code as is, without beautifying, EME accepts it. But the email will be gibberish with html codes all over the place. So, I used another website to beautify the html. But when I insert the beautified code, it gives me error.

Also, after inserting the html code (beautified or not), if I switch to ‘Visual’ mode, a part of the code will go missing. The part is for making the template responsive.

How do I resolve these issues?

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s very weird. Could you send the beautified html via mail (as attachment) to franky@e-dynamics.be ? I’ll check on my end too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sent to your email.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, the error is not really in the template but in the size of it. I allow 64K for a template (the size of a “text” field in the db), but yours is 200K, which is way too big. I suggest to use a minifier (and also, less html in general, this is very big for a template itself … CSS should not be in there, but in a separate file)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I managed to find a website to minimize the code. I just realized that beautifying the code makes the file bigger, so after minimizing, just leave it as it is and copy/paste into the template. The website is https://codebeautify.org/minify-html for anyone who is having the same problem as me.

With this website, I’m able to create responsive html email newsletters to send to subscribers. Hope it helps people who are like me who can’t code and need to rely on external websites to create codes for nice looking templates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top