Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using a plugin to change standard quotation marks into German quotation marks and another plugin to obfuscate email-addresses. Both don’t work on event lists and entries.

If somehow possible, it would be very helpful to have event data run the same way through wptexturize as any other post.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … wptexturize is being used for the event title and content …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, some – essential – parts don’t go the way as the rest of WordPress. Permalinks are somehow bypassing a plugin that addresses the nuisance of German umlauts in headline and post-url and quotation marks are totally unimpressed by the plugin Intypo that offers language settings for that kind of punctuation. Also, the changes made by the email obfuscator plugin Emoba don’t get into the event posts. So, somehow the formatting is quite incomplete.

Franky
    Keymaster

Which plugin do you use for email obfuscating? It might be that it simply acts upon posts and since events are not posts … I’ll try it here as well

Franky
    Keymaster

Could you try to change the following line in events-manager.php from

$replacement = apply_filters('eme_notes', $replacement);

to

$replacement = apply_filters('the_content', $replacement);

and see if that does it for you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It doesn’t. That change produces a blank page on single events and mixes up the event listing by drawing the postend setting into the list. I haven’t updated to 3.2.1 yet. Perhaps your trick works once that is done.

Franky
    Keymaster

So then my question remains: Which plugin do you use for email obfuscating?

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I found the issue here: the obfuscate filter needs to be added to the output from eme, but even then the filter wouldn’t work since I already obfuscate the email (using ascii encoding).

Anyway, in trunk I added a filter for email encoding, so if you define the filter like this in your theme functions.php file:

add_filter( 'eme_email_filter', 'c2c_obfuscate_email' );

it will be obfuscated in the way of your choice (in this case the filter function comes from the “Obfuscate E-mail” plugin)

In the same way, you need to add the filter functions of your choice to “eme_general” and “eme_notes” for your quotation marks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top