Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Templates for use in a childtheme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Somewhere I read that you said the layout is adjustable, but will be overwritten with an update of the plugin. I don’t know exactly why you chose the current architecture, but nevertheless I’d like to see the possibility to use templates for the calendar, events and locations in a child theme.

Franky
    Keymaster

What I meant with the overwriting thing was that is oyu change the main CSS, it will get overwritten. You can create your own CSS (called myown.css) in the plugin dir, but remeber to take a backup of it because when you upgrade via wordpress, WP will try to remove all older files in the plugin dir …

Franky
    Keymaster

About the templating: it’s not really my design 🙂 If you want to help templating the thing: I welcome the help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand, I’m also not much of a design guy. 🙂

What I meant more is that if for example templates for events.php, event.php, location.php and locations.php and calendar.php get distributed with the plugin.

Then, by copying these files to a child theme directory, the user can safely adjust these files and the plugin can be updated without touching them.

Like you would copy functions.php to your child theme…

Do I make sense? 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

You can use shortcodes on any regular wordpress page, resulting in the template of your choice being used. So closing this one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top