• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I have an issue that i do not know how to fix. I first noticed the custom fields for the membership page was not working, on further investigation all the templates are missing their name so no chance of editing them. The type is there but no name or description. I can send screenshots if that will demonstrate better what i mean.

Best Regards

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

Seems something happened in your db, EME doesn’t touch the names on update. Did you check the database table itself? Is the name still present there? If not, you need to figure out what went wrong … and correct that info in the db again.
    Or is the name/description column just hidden? I’ll foresee a fallback if the name is empty in the next version …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

I have an issue with the templates, within the list of them the name and description has disappeared, giving me no chance to edit them, this in turn means that my memberships are not working correctly as they are no showing the forms properly.

Best Regards

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

Carl, I merged this with your other question. Please read my reply.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Sorry for the duplicate I lost the first post,thought i hadn’t submitted it.
    Never been into the database so not entirely sure what i am looking at but will give it a go.

Thanks

Carl

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found that the name and description are indeed missing in the database but the format is still intact. Can i just add name and description back in?

Franky
    Keymaster

yes, you can. Only the name is important, the description can then be changed via the webinterface, but while you’re at it you can of course directly change it in the db.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All sorted. Curious to why it happened, hopefully wont do it again.

Thanks for your help

Carl

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    Just to let you know.
    I just found out I have the same problem: template names missing (fields of dynamic content were not visible and therefore not being send by mail)
    Changed nothing in de db myself. Updated plugin on 25-03 and extended the recurrence of some events. From that point on things went wrong. Just noticed that there were some hick-ups on 24-03 too (dynamic data not being sent).
    In the database a lot of names/descriptions are missing. Some of the descriptions are equal to the name (??)
    I’ll go and do the same as you recommended Carl B.
    Grts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The field-type of custom fields disappeared too in my case.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also found The field-type of custom fields disappeared.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve found a typo during upgrades that might cause this (and in fact it should do this for everyone, so it is weird I haven’t gotten more reports and not all seem to have the issue).
    Edit: I’m releasing an update, but make sure to check all your settings, events, locations, …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will do. Thank you Franky!

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: the bug “only happened” if you were behind in your versions (still on 2.1.112 or older). If you were on 2.113 (released 12 March) or newer, it would’ve been ok.
    But I admit: it was an error of mine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Makes sense as I was a little behind on versions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top