Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

Would it be possible to develop a Sumup payment method sometime in the future. I am currently using Stripe for the event payments but have a sumup card reader for offline payments. It would be nice to be able to use just one, and the sumup fees in the UK are a lot cheaper.

Here is the developer info for sumup https://developer.sumup.com/?_gl=1*1y4v6go*_ga*MTM4OTgxNDI1MS4xNjUzOTM4Nzk1*_ga_4VRZNY7N9G*MTY1MzkzODgwMS40LjEuMTY1Mzk0MDM4Ny4w&_ga=2.63776614.87612375.1653938795-1389814251.1653938795

Thanks

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

While their API seems wel documented, it actually isn’t 🙂 It has a lot of unclear explanations. I’m willing to take a look at it, but I’d need a test account. If you could provide a dev-account for sumup, I can try.

Franky
    Keymaster

I also checked out their php sdk, and it is old and no longer up-to-date with their own requirements (they require a merchant_code param, but the sdk doesn’t do that).
    So unless you can find a newer sdk somewhere, this will be a no-go.

Franky
    Keymaster

Follow-up: I’ll rethink the implementation if I can have a dev-account …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky, thanks for considering this.
    I have requested a dev account from sumup and am waiting for their response.
    As soon as I have it I will share the details with you

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should have an email with the details

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve spent some hours on this:
    – the php code they provide is no longer correct (paths to the API are wrong, use of merchant_code is missing)
    – when correcting that, I bump into the same issue as mentioned here: https://github.com/sumup/sumup-ecom-php-sdk/issues/31 , which doesn’t receive an answer from SumUp.

So for now: no go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I will speak with sumup support and see if they have any updated code. It’s poor that sumup leave outdated code on their site

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: see my mail to you (let’s continue this via mail)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top