Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Stripe Payment Methods

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I successfully set up Stripe as a payment option. Card payment and SEPA Debit work great. However, I’m wondering if there’s a way to set up additional stripe methods, like SOFORT, Klarna, iDEAL etc.?
    I understand this is done with bank redirects and for this I would need to add/modify some PHP code for this? Unfortunately, I’m no coder, and the corresponding Stripe doc goes way over my head: For SOFORT for example https://stripe.com/docs/payments/sofort/accept-a-payment

And what about Apple Pay and Google Pay? They don’t show up in the EME Stripe options dropdown? What would be required here, if I wanted to include them with Stripe?

Any hints?
    None of the above are really must-haves for me, just wanted to ask if it was (easily) possible.
    Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

For sofort: configure it in your stripe backend and then add the payment method “sofort” in EME in the stripe payment methods, that’s it. No coding required. However: EME won’t be able to verify the payment as it can take days before it is accepted by stripe+sofort (per the stripe doc)/

Concerning apple pay and google pay, see this stripe doc info (https://stripe.com/docs/payments/accept-a-payment):
    Apple Pay and Google Pay are enabled by default and automatically appear in Checkout when a customer uses a supported device and has saved at least one card in their digital wallet. You can accept additional payment methods using the payment_method_types property. See payment methods overview for more details.

For future stripe questions: please check with stripe support first, I’m not your stripe support guy 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

thanks for your response, and sorry to have bothered you with this! I wasn’t aware that this is all done within Stripe.
    I think I will need to hire someone to implement that for me – I cannot make any sense of what the Stripe docs are telling me. They show Ruby and curl scripts, and I’m confused.

But that’s not your concern, sorry again.

Franky
    Keymaster

You don’t need any coding, EME has done all that. You just need your stripe API keys to enter in EME, that’s it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG.
    I perceived it to be way more complicated than it actually is – thanks to your amazing work (and with a little help from Stripe support) I managed to configure all desired payment methods OK!
    The main holdup for me has been that I used Test Keys in EME settings. With them, one cannot really test the Bank redirect methods like SOFORT or iDEAL.
    Changed to live keys and EVERYTHING is there and working!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: isn’t Mollie a little bit cheaper? And even more user-friendly (in my opinion) 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to admit that I’m not familiar with Mollie – yet. Since Stripe is everywhere, I just started with them. But I will definitely check Mollie out now.
    Thanks for the advice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top