Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Stripe payment gateway

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    I am trying to setup stripe but have hit an issue with the webhooks.

I am in test mode at present so have put the test keys into the gateway. I have also added the url for payment notifications https://kmrc.club/events/?eme_eventAction=stripe_notification into stripe webhook section.

The test payment goes through ok but the webhooks does not work

Should this work in test mode or only when live?

I have setup a woocommerce shop on the same site and the webhooks work ok when in test mode to stripe.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

You don’t need to specify the hook in stripe, EME adds it when saving your stripe options (and it needs to be done by EME because the webhook “secret” is needed later on to verify the notification actually came from Stripe). It is just added as a reference and also so you can check your webserver logs if the hook is being called by Stripe.
    In my tests this worked fine, did you test using a payment? Or another method?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I have just tested with live keys and payment, i can see the booking has become approved so that part must be working, Only issue i can then see is that in the stripe console under payments the transaction description is in this format pi_1IaL9gD82NSxEnoQtcpv1vQc instead of the event description. In woocommerce the order tilte is displayed should this be the same for EME or am i thinking incorrectly

Franky
    Keymaster

It seems indeed that stripe no longer takes the description (code for stripe hasn’t changed in EME), while in the session details you see the description being passed. Probably I should switch to the stripe charge API and not their checkout API for this to work again. But next to that: you can always check your webserver logfiles to verify stripe “phoned home” with the notification url.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes its tried to phone home. I will use it for now as its still far better payment provider than what i have been using. Just makes tying up the booking to the payment a bit harder in stripe .
    Hopefully you will update it in the future.

Thanks for the continued support

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

I’ve found the stripe issue with the payment description, I’ll update that for the next version too 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brilliant news, thanks for updating me.

Franky
    Keymaster

Also the code has been updated to allow refunding via Stripe too. Maybe the description can use the booking id as extra, but that’s for later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top