Events Made Easy Forums Generic State field not working correctly.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

One of our clients has been using the Events Made Easy plugin on their website and after updating to Version 2.0.45 last weekend, the State field on their registration forms isn’t working correctly. The other address fields are fine. You can click on the dropdown in the State field and it says “searching” but it never returns a list of states. See this page for an example: https://glenmeadow.org/events/179/dee-dee-bridgewater/

We’ve tried it in Chrome and Safari.. have also cleared the cache.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

You’re using a caching/minifying plugin (rocket?). Disable that first and try again, all I can see now is that you have a javascript error on your page.
    I’ll debug this on a test setup this evening to make sure it still works for me too 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

More info: the server is returning ‘-1’ as a reply on your site for the state-lookup. This only happens when the form nonce is incorrect. Since you’re using a cache-plugin, I’m guessing it is not cleaning up itself correctly and showing an old page, and not the latest form.
    So clean your cache (or better: disable the cache plugin or exclude EME from it)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks very much Franky! I’ve passed this along to the developer who built the site/has been keeping track of the plugins. We’ll be in touch if there are in any other issues with this.

Franky
    Keymaster

I just took another look at your page, and I see this in the footer of the html:

<!-- Cache File URL:                https://glenmeadow.org/events/179/dee-dee-bridgewater/ -->
    <!-- Cache File Path:               /cache/comet-cache/cache/https/glenmeadow-org/events/179/dee-dee-bridgewater.html -->
    <!-- Cache File Generated Via:      HTTP request -->
    <!-- Cache File Generated On:       Aug 27th, 2018 @ 6:57 pm UTC -->
    <!-- Cache File Generated In:       0.99147 seconds -->
    <!-- Cache File Expires On:         Nov 27th, 2018 @ 6:57 pm UTC -->
    <!-- Cache File Auto-Rebuild On:    Nov 27th, 2018 @ 6:57 pm UTC -->
    <!-- Loaded via Cache On:    Aug 31st, 2018 @ 5:10 pm UTC -->
    <!-- Loaded via Cache In:    0.00745 seconds -->

Caching an event as a fixed page for 90 days (!!!) will always cause problems. At most the caching should be 1 day (I even recommend less). But since the event page can contain a form, I recommend that you don’t cache anything related to ‘/events’
    I even recommend to not use comet-cache and use w3-total cache or something alike (those don’t seem to have this issue).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I’ll pass this along to the developer..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top