Events Made Easy Forums Generic Sort by category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using the full calendar view and I’d really like to display the events on a given day grouped by category instead of in order by time or event id or whatever it currently uses… I dunno, very few of my events have times, right now.

I’m not afraid of mucking about with the code to get this, but I am a little afraid of it getting complex.

Franky
    Keymaster

Either show category per category (using the category option for the events_list) or use the available filter for events_list (see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=41 )

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not using events_list, I’m using events_calendar (full)… I’m not looking to limit the events shown, I’d like to see all of them (actually I have an events_filterform, that’s doing the limiting, as chosen by the user). It’s the order I’d like more control over. I haven’t put times on my events, but I assume that on a day’s block in the calendar, it would show the earliest events first, to the latest. Since I don’t have times (they’re all midnight or something), it seems to be showing them in the order I enter them.

I’d rather not put fake times, to make them show up in the order I’d like, if it’s possible to just show each category.

Franky
    Keymaster

Categories were “hacked on” just before I forked and created EME. In order to be able to sort by categories (and I assume you mean category name, not ID), major changes are needed. Also for the calendar: it’s a calendar, for date/time things. It’s meant for that only. For now the best and easiest thing to do would be to use fake times (and don’t show those) to sort the events to your liking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top