Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Small calendar title attributes

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to put an attribute in the “Small calendar title”. to change the color of the days with events.

#_NAME ‘ style=’color: #_ATT{color}’

Custom attributes do not seem to work under the calendar options. Is there any way to enable custom attributes for the small calendar title?

Franky
    Keymaster

Untested, but try this: in eme_attributes.php, add the following line at the top for the “$formats” parameter:

get_option(’eme_small_calendar_event_title_format’).

Let me know if this works …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spoke too soon, gives me the attribute window, but not functioning. I’ll dig deeper.

Franky
    Keymaster

great, I’ll add it to the trunk version then!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been playing with this for a little while with some interesting outcomes.

I can not get the attribute to insert the color or color code correctly, but I can get the color to change on the calendar if we have more than one event on that day.

I’ll let you know if I can work that to my advantage. Thanks for your help.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I made some changes to trunk: the attributes should now be supported just fine for the calendar options “Small calendar title” and “Full calendar events format”

Anonymous
    Inactive

My goal was wanting to color each or any calendar day a different color. Enabling attributes for the small calendar did not allow this for some reason, but I did find a creative way using categories for anyone that is interested.

Under small calendar title I have

#_NAME ‘ style=’color: #_ATT{#_CATEGORIES}

I have categories named blue, red, yellow, etc.

When I choose an event, I simply pick the color as a category.

Anonymous
    Inactive

small edit on my last post

#_NAME ‘ style=’color: #_ATT{color}{#_CATEGORIES}

Franky
    Keymaster

Nice trick! But then of course you can only assign one category 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

The custom attribute works well with your latest changes now with one small problem

In the Small calendar title field I have the following

#_NAME ‘ style=’color: #_ATT{color}

This allows me to choose the any color for the attribute in an event and the calendar day will appear that color on the small calendar.

The problem I’m having is for days with multiple events, the mouseover only displays the first event.

Franky
    Keymaster

Please open a bug report for this last one. It’s confusing to continue in a feature request thread with a possible bug.

Franky
    Keymaster

No need to open a bug report: it is not one, the attribute is given correctly for every day of the event, just make sure you select the option “Show long events”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pardon my ignorance, but I can’t locate the opiton for “Show long events”

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s in the calendar widget options.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doesn’t seem to be working. I’m using shortcodes to try emplementing long events, but no change. The calendar has no problem displaying multiple events for a day if the custom attribute is not included. Once the custom attribute is included, the calendar reverts to only one event.

Franky
    Keymaster

This I would need to see. I thought you were talking about a widget before … so I’ll test this as well

Anonymous
    Inactive

I managed to get this working properly.

Again, the problem was if the small calendar title had a custom attribute that changed the color, than when you hover the mouse over a day with more than one event, it would only show the first event. I used a conditional argument to change the color and the mouse hover works properly now. This will actually be a lot more convenient when setting events.

Small Calendar Title:

#_NAME [events_if tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' value='Non-sponsored Event'] ‘ style=’color: #2208AA [/events_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the small calendar I would like the dates to have a css tag assigned to each category: i dont know php, would it would be a function something like this in normal language: “when date has category replace eventless class with class catIDnr”. Is there somewhere i can add this in the functions.php?

My alternative so far is this solution that I got from the previous poster ( thanks by the way! )

I inserted “#_CATEGORIES [events_if tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' id='1'] ‘ style=’color: #E6BC05 [/events_if];[events_if2 tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' id='2'] ‘ style=’color: #E6053D [/events_if2];[events_if3 tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' id='3'] ‘ style=’color: #10E605 [/events_if3]” in the small calendar title. But only the first style gets applied. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry to ask such junior questions, but maybe it helps someone else as well…..

Thanks for your time..

greetings!

Anonymous
    Inactive

is it posible to see a showcase of this live?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not quite understanding what I need to do to get one color per category.

Would it be possible for someone to elaborate a little bit!

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not quite understanding what I need to do to get one color per category.

Would it be possible for someone to elaborate a little bit!

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

I will post an example when I retrun from holidays. For now: play with the EMEsetting ‘small calendar title’ and use #_CATEGORIES in there, see above in theposts of this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any Luck with this? Also I am interested in having a <hr> line break between events in the calendar that are on the same date. Is this possible?

Franky
    Keymaster

Just enter “style=’color: #ESC_CATEGORIES'” in the calendar title, then it will use the name of the category as the style, and you then just need to create your CSS to become the color you want.

If you don’t want the category, just create a custom attribute and use that in the calendar title.

For your hr-question: just set that in the setting “Small calendar title separator”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, still a little lost here.

I have three categories. I would assume I need to adjust some setting for the categories so when an event title is show it has the correct color.

Currently all are orange.

Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top