Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Skipped Updates Possible DB Error – How to Access db?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lesson learned on the updates. Maybe a way to roll them back?
    I realized on the Events page in the Template field none of my 5 templates are listed. I have [Default Template] and [Homepage] & [Slider Revolution Blank Template] (no idea what that is, another volunteer added the plug-in).

The only setting for db in Settings | Others I see is “EME DB version” (313).
    Do I need to set the db to an earlier version number?

Thanks

Ron

Franky
    Keymaster

?? What do you mean with “none of your 5 templates are listed” ? When editing wordpress pages you only get to chose from your theme page templates. It has nothing to do with EME, even if you edit the events page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, twice.
    1. The delayed response.
    2. Our site ahs gone down and others are trying to get it back up, this may be the “real problem” I’m having.

I have gone back to the video to figure out what I’m doing wrong. My WP “Classes” page has a single entry: [eme_events category=5] and on the web site it is rendering blank. I have three published events. On the EME Event page is a template option, shown at 16:29 in the video. I was trying to figure out what works best for our events. What I would like is all of the generic information on a page that at the bottom has the scheduled EME Events listed where thee event specific sign up information, seats, waitlist, payment options are listed.
    1. Put everything on the ENE Event
    2. Use an an EME template
    3. Use an EME Settings template.

Ron

“For the layout

Franky
    Keymaster

Like I said: the template there is how the event page looks based on your theme page templates (not the EME templates), like any other wordpress page in fact (but for an event in this case).
    The EME templates help in configuring how the event info is presented (but not the global page itself), that’s the difference.
    Now: [eme_events category=5] uses the eme global settings for the event list if you don’t specify an EME template option (which you don’t). So either your events are not in that category or your global list template in the eme settings is empty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top