Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Site is very slow, takes 100% CPU of the server due to EME

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

We recently installed Events Made Easy, previously used Events Manager Extended for years now. Now we have the following problem. Our hosting provider notified us that our site is using 100% CPU of the server and it is no longer acceptable. The site is loading very very slow. It turned out that EME is causing the problem (when we disable the plugin everything gets back to normal). We manage a yoga studio, so we have around a 1000 events. It is very strange to me that when I load the events page in the admin, first it loads all the events, then shows only 10. Maybe this is what takes that much usage?
    We are using Divi theme, but I don’t think this should be the problem.
    Please help, there’s no other plugin like yours, we would like to stay with it.

Thanks in advance!
    website is: http://aumjoga.hu

Franky
    Keymaster

If you have a 1000 future events, then yes: those get loaded at once in the backend currently.
    I’ll see if I can switch this to use ajax calls there.
    But even that shouldn’t use that much cpu (only some sql statements to be done).
    Of course, if your site is popular, then some caching needs to be done. Take a look at W3 Total Cache (don’t enable JS minify).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, thanks. It would be very good if it didn’t load all events at once.
    When do you think you can switch it for ajax calls?

Franky
    Keymaster

That will only be for the backend, and I need to start on it (but will take some time)
    Do you have the same cpu problem when only using the frontend?

Franky
    Keymaster

And even more: which version are you using? And what exactly is taking cpu? The webserver or the database?

Franky
    Keymaster

The latest version of EME tackles this problem already, so closing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top