Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Single Page link redirects to main blog

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’ve been trying to figure my way out in EME on the first wordpress site I’ve built. On the main events page, there is a #_LINKEDNAME which should link to the Single event page. It has been doing this quite well. However, I just changed the setting ‘Events Page’ which says “This option allows you to select which page to use as an events page.”, to none and inserted an events_list shortcode into a new page (I had only just figured out how to use the shortcode with EME, and had previously been). Suddenly, every event name I click on the events page just takes me to my “News” page (the default page for blog posts), and it still does this after I changed the ‘Events Page’ setting back to having its own page without any shortcode.

Any suggestions? I’m afraid to fiddle around with the settings any more until I can find out what happened.

Ideally I’d like to be using the shortcode instead of giving EME its own page, especially since I can’t find any setting to make ‘limit=0’ one EME’s own page, and it automatically stops displaying events further than two months ahead.

Thanks so much for this great plugin, I hope you can help me restore functionality.

Franky
    Keymaster

That setting (“Events Page) needs to point to an existing page (best one not used in your menu).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I’m having a similar problem. I also investigated the solution from this post about a month ago: http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=637

I have the events page specified, and I’ve checked each plugin to see if there’s a clash. The problem is here: http://your.nmsu.edu/events-calendar/

Let me know if you have an immediate solution, or if you’d like a temp admin login.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your reply. Even when I had it pointing to an existing page and had another page with the shortcode, on both pages, clicking on the Event link would take me to my new blog instead of to the event page. However, I fixed it totally on accident, by disabling the permalinks structure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All,

I managed to solve the problem based on Harper’s last post. Disabling the permalinks structure works, but the interesting thing is, re-enabling the permalinks does not cause the problem to come back. Long story short, this problem was solved by just ‘fiddling with’ the permalinks settings, but not really changing anything.

Seems like it may be a bug with EME, but it’s an easy fix from the user side.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Franky
    Keymaster

In fact it is not a bug in eme: by removing/changing the setting “EME events page” you changed the EME behaviour, but in wordpress the permalinks stay until:

– you deactivate/activate the pluging that configures the permalink (eme in this case)

– you visit the permalinks setting and just press “save” again (not even need to change anything)

I can do the permalink thing on every page load of course, but that wouldn’t be correct …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that clarification.

Anonymous
    Inactive

aha. thanks for that tip!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top