Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Signupgenius clone type thing…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to create an event where folks who sign up are asked to bring certain items (think pot luck/picnic/office lunch party/etc).

The event would need to show WHO has signed up for WHAT item and what they said they were bringing so someone else doesnt put the same thing in.

I know the functionality is probably built into EME to do this, but what would be the best way to achieve something like this?

See https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094caba623aaff2-endofseason as an example of what I’m trying to do. If you choose an item and then submit and signup, you will see the ‘comments/what im bringing’ box. This part can be on the same page as the main form for all i care.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME can ask for extra info using custom fields but there’s no limitation on the number of those items. So in your case, if you want to do this with EME: create several “events” (on for each “main item” that has a limited number) and then use either a custom field or the comment box to ask for more info per event. I’m not saying it is ideal, but it is one way of doing it.
    Tip: if you set the minimum and max seats to book to 1, the seats dropdown will be hidden.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the quick reply!

That’s kind of the way I was thinking it would work, but was wondering if there was a more streamlined way. Thanks for all your hard work!

Franky
    Keymaster

There’s also the possibility to use a multibooking form, but then the custom field is not recommended (or should be present for all individual events too), but then the comments field might be used. See the doc on that:
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_add_multibooking_form/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I think the comments would be all that would be required. I’ll see what I can work out and let ya know 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw, for info: I’m trying to implement “tasks” for events. Something you could consider as volunteer management. But that will take time to do 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

O.o That would be most excellent 🙂 I can’t wait to try that out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky – Thank you so much for a wonderful plug-in and for continuing development. A Task/Volunteer management system would be great addition.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top