Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Showing the correct dates in the events list

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have added an event which is a single event on just one day and another event which is over two days.

In the events list the single day event shows in the list as

7th Feb 2011 – 7th Feb 2011 and the event over two days

18th Apr 2011 – 19 Apr 2011

How can I remove the extra 7th Feb 2011 (the end date)

I have used the following placeholders in the default event list format settings page

#_{j M Y} #@_{- j M Y} [events_if tag=”#ESC_{j M Y}” value=”#ESC_@{j M Y}”] #{j M Y} [/events_if]

I have the latest version of eme and wordpress 3.04

Many thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Your conditional formatting is wrong: you’re printing start and end date, and then you compare them and if they are equal, you print the start date again.

Try this:

#_{j M Y} [events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" notvalue="#ESC_@{j M Y}"] #@_{- j M Y} [/events_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried this but it didn’t make any difference.

I Still get a duplicate date for a single event, but works okay if the event is over two days.

7th Feb 2011 – 7th Feb 2011 (duplicate date)

18th Apr 2011 – 19th Apr 2011

Sorry.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, typo:

#_{j M Y} [events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" notvalue="#ESC@_{j M Y}"] #@_{- j M Y} [/events_if]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brilliant. Thank you very much for an excellent plugin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very helpful! Thank you for posting. I want to change the formatting of the dates so that they will look like “Jan 1, 2011”. I’ve tried modifying the code to this:

#_{M j Y} [events_if tag=”#ESC_{M j Y}” notvalue=”#ESC@_{M j Y}”] #@_{- M j Y} [/events_if]

but it will no longer return a date range if the event covers more than one day. Is there a solution that will give me this output:

Event 1

Jan 1, 2011

Event 2

Jan 4, 2011 – Jan 6, 2011

Franky
    Keymaster

Make sure you don’t copy over the slanted quotes from me, but use standard double quotes. For the rest, it should work just fine.

Edit: I removed the slanted quotes from my examples, and just regular quotes now 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wonderful! That did the trick. Thanks so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top