Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Showing a specific month in events list

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a secondary menu in my site which shows the months Jan to Dec using a post for each month of the year. I was going to use a shortcode to display the list of events for each month on their respective pages but I can’t seem to find a way to do this.

As I understand it you can show a specific month (ie March) in the ‘calender view’ with the short code [events_calendar month=3]. What I would like to do is the same but with the [events_list] shortcode as I only want to show the list view but I can’t seem to find a way to do this for a specific month.

If I use the shortcode [events_list scope=2010-01-01--2010-02-01] then I will have to change the shortcode every time a month passes because it includes the year.

Is there a way around this that I am missing?

(Sorry if I haven’t explained this very well)

Franky
    Keymaster

This is not yet possible … but it should be easy to add to the code. I’ll try to code something up for tomorrow or so.

But for your example: you’ll then need to change it every time a year passes, not a month.

Franky
    Keymaster

Added to trunk:

* Feature: if you use “scope=this_month” as a parameter to the [events_list] shortcode, it will now show all events in the current month

* Feature: if you use “scope=0000-04” as a parameter to the [events_list] shortcode, it will now show all events in month 04 of the current year

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, that’s awesome thanks so much for this. You’re a legend.

Franky
    Keymaster

Thanks 🙂

But you’ll need to be patient a bit until the version gets released. Or if not, you can grab the trunk (devel) version from the wordpress download page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top