Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Show all bookings of an event series (recurring event of approx. 200 ocurrences)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a recurring event and need to show in an internal area all bookings fo rall recurrences of this event. When I use [eme_bookings id=xx, yy, zz] I do not get displayed all bookings for all events of this series.
    Any idea how I can display bookings for recurring events (approx 200) in one consolidated list?

Thanks in advance
    Fabian

Franky
    Keymaster

With what EME currently has as possibilities, the best would be:

– assign a category to your series of events (edit the recurrence for that)
    – show that category with [eme_events] with the catogory_id option, and also with the template_id option (using a template that – per event – shows the bookings; that template can contain for example “[eme_bookings id=#_EVENTID]“)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi franky,

first of all thanks, the first step is done, I can see a list of all booking in all events of the recurrence.
    BUT:
    The output of the list is rather wierd as I get several times the following code output from somewhere I do not find so far:

<h4 class="has-text-align-center">Gastfahrerkarten Fuchstalring</h4>
    <br>
    <ul class="eme_bookings_list_ul"></ul>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <table border="1">

After this i get the formatted output like i defined in my templates.
    What could be a good fix for this strange behavior and very unfancy output?
    Thanks and kind regards
    Fabian

Franky
    Keymaster

That means you have html errors in your template, causing this part to show up as interpreted by your browser. Don’t forget that with the template (in [eme_bookings] )also comes a template header and footer (per booking list, meaning per event). So if you want a table, put the html table-opening tag in the header template and the closing tag in the footer template. The default header template is the ul-opening tag you see an the default footer template the ul-closing tag.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok i tried a few things and was quite busy the last days, but I am still not happy with the output.
    There are strange <br /> tags in the source code where I still have no clue where they come from. I have set a template for headers and footers for a single event which then causes one table per event with a repeating header of it. So far so good, but thats not what I want to implement.
    My idea is to create one overarching header where I show once the table header of the entire list of all events using html <table> tags.
    Within the output template of an event, I only want to be <tr></tr> created per booking to create a nice table of all bookings, sorted by the event ID.
    Within the footer template I then just need to close the overarching <table> tag to get the HTML right.
    Doing this as described always gives me the above mentioned HTML source which means the table starts somwhere down the page due to the <ul> and <br> tags that are not part of any template I use.

Franky
    Keymaster

If you have ul-tags, that means you haven’t correctly defined the shortcode to use your header template. Can you post the use of your shortcode and your header/footer/content templates?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I think I have found the two underlying issues with the output now:
    1. I did not change the dropdown value for automatically inserting <br> tags in the template editor for all the needed templates of details, grouping, header and footer. With selecting “NO” for all the templates, the <br> output was gone!
    2. I use a conditional term for only displaying the events where bookings are in the system, but I did not specify what to do if there is no booking fo a single event. This is now also fixed.

So finally I get what I want as an output and I would like to thank you for your hints and fast replies.

Take care and till my next question 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top