Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Send payed, auto-generated Ticket by Mail

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I would like to create a PDF document dynamically to send tickets as a attachment by Mail. So people can print their own ticket if they have payed for it (I’m only use PayPal for payment).

I have already done that I send out a Mail if the payment was successfully, but I don’t know where to start to generate and attach the ticket.

Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction

Franky
    Keymaster

You can’t attach anything to these mails.
    However, generating a download link pointing to an auto-generated pdf might be possible (but isn’t yet). Feel free to donate to get this done more quickly 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick response.
    A download link would also be perfectly okay.
    Will contact me again in this regard 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

This is now implemented in the current release (PDF attach)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, you were faster than me! Of course I have sent you some virtual coffee.

I just wanted to test the new feature, but unfortunately it does not seem to work for me yet.
    I’ve created a PDF-Template (just sample text, no EME placeholders) and chosen it in my booking as a pdf ticket. But after a successful payment there is no attached document.

I’m using SMTP Mail. Bookings are automatically confirmed. Users will receive an e-mail as a booking confirmation and as payment confirmation. EME-Version: 2.1.3

Franky
    Keymaster

Let me test again (I hope I didn’t break anything …).
    Edit: can you check if in wp-uploads/events-made-easy/bookings you have a folder with your booking id in it? And that it contains a pdf? It might be that you don’t have everything in place for pdf generation. To test that: go in your admin bookings overview, select a booking and in the actions select “pdf output” and your PDF template. See if that works …
    Edit 2: tested here and it still works as expected 🙂
    Edit 3: to get the PDF in your mail, you have to select the PDF template in your RSVP settings for that event (not in the booking admin)

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my folder “wp-content/uploads/events-made-easy/bookings” is only an empty index.html file. Generating a PDF in the bookings overview like you described works fine.

I think I have found my mistake. In my mail settings I activated E-Mails for booking confirmation AND for paypement confirmation. If I disable booking confirmation the Mails are comming with attachment. If I activate both, only an attachment will come if I go to my admin bookings overview and select “Send E-Mail for confirmed booking again”. Then the attachment is there, no matter if the booking has already been paid or not.

But my uploads path is still empty. It would by great if I could use both Mail types (and only the paypment confirmation with the ticket attached).

My RSVP settings look like this. Think that’s okay.
    EME PDF Screenshot

Franky
    Keymaster

See the explanation:
    “This optional template is used to send a PDF attachment in the mail when the booking is approved (or if approval mails are disabled, in the mail when the booking is paid).”

So it reacts the way it is intented.
    The next version will have an option per event so you can choose whether to send the pdf upon approval or when paid.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding.
    That sounds great, I’m looking forward to it 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only a fitting hint: the #_ATTENDANCE_QRCODE is not displayed in the auto-generated attached PDF by Mail but print #_ATTENDANCE_URL is working. If I go to admin bookings overview and select the “pdf output” action – it both work.

Franky
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce that: works fine here via mail too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Installed EME-Version: 2.1.4
    Now everything works fine.

Thank you!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top