Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Send mails with attachment

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I wanted to test the possibility to send an email with an attachment. I tested under the menu item “Send Mails | Generic emails and Event related emails”.
    I get an js error message “wp.media is not a function”. The necessary js files are not loaded.
    Have you included the files (wp_enqueue_media) or is there a setting that I have overlooked?

Thanks
    Friedhelm

Franky
    Keymaster

It seems to be working fine here on 4 sites I tested.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your answer,
    I am glad that it works for you everywhere.
    On my websites I still get the above mentioned error message when clicking on the button “Add attchmants”.
    My server log is clean, in the js console I have only one message.
    I test with a multisite installation, I have created a page without other active plugins only EME is enabled.
    Can you give me a hint how to debug the problem?

Finally, I have included the wp_enqueue_media about the wp hook admin_enqueue_scripts manuel.
    Afterwards I can select my attachment and everything else works as expected.

Franky
    Keymaster

And which version are you using? And maybe: caching/optimizing plugin?

Anonymous
    Inactive

WP 5.1.1
    EME 2.1.11
    Public homepage: PHP 7.2
    Testsite: PHP 5.6.30
    No catsching plugin or similar.

I’m testing only with the eme plugin. For secound testing I have activated only a small plugin, which activates exclusively the wp_enqueue_media.
    The only problem is opening the media library.
    The same situation as when I create a new event to which I assign an “event image”. At this point I can easily access the Media Library.

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, I think I figured it out. Can it be that you did not active the option to send html mails? Then this is indeed causing the problem.
    This is the fix:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2056391/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I send only plaintext mails.
    At the moment I have no time to check the patch. I will try this tonight.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tested it, now everything works as expected.
    Thanks Franky

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

i found this thread on searching a solution to send an image within the confirmation mail to a booker. I use plain text mails only.

In EME general settings there is a button to ad attachments to this kind of mail. In the event itself it is not possible to attach a file/image.

How can i send an image (a self generated qr-code) with the confirmation mail to the atendee?

Kind regards,

Werner

Franky
    Keymaster

You have the setting “Ticket PDF template”, which can include a qrcode (generated by EME). Own additions are not possible per booking approval-mail (that can’t be configured anyway: if you create your own qr-code, that is different per booking, so it can’t be a setting).
    You can take a look at the different mail-filters EME has, but even those won’t allow you to add an attachment …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

thanks for your answer. Forget the qr-code. Let’s talk about “adding an attachment / image” to a confirmation email, sent to a participant of an event.

In the genereal settings for e-mail templates, there’s a button, to add an attachment to a mail:

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/V3hd6wJ

This button is missing in the settings for e-mail templates direct in the event. I want to send an image with the confirmation mail of a booking for this particular event. Is this possible?

Rgds,

Werner

Franky
    Keymaster

Currently the only way to send something with the event is by (ab)using the “Ticket PDF” template and include your image in that template.
    Adding attachments “the easy way” per event may happen in the next version (or not, depending on the time I have left to implement it before the next release).

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, thanks, i understand. I’l give it a try with the pdf.

Rgds,

Werner

Franky
    Keymaster

Good news: the next version will have the option for attachments per event.

Franky
    Keymaster

And more: the next version will also only show events/locations/member/people which you have a right to edit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good to here, thank you for all of this. PDF works! The only disatvantage is, that there’s no way to control the Layout of the PDF, before sending it with a mail.

Franky
    Keymaster

USe the pdf-template in the list of people: select 1 person and in “bulk actions” you can then choose “pdf output” and then your template. That should render the pdf immediately.
    But it might be a good suggestion to be able to render the pdf after creating it (but that’s a little more tricky)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tip, but this seems to work only for persons which are booked to the event, where the pdf template belongs to. If i want it to send to me, it does not send a mail (because i’m not booked to the event).

I tried to “print” the template, to get a picture of the layout. But i’m not sure, if the printed output is the same as the pdf looks like.

Franky
    Keymaster

Choosing “pdf output” generates the pdf immediately as it will be in the mail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shame on me, i found it now. There’s no dialog for saving the file, it’s automatically in the standard download folder.

Sorry, i’didnt see it right away.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top