Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Send email for a membership with drip content

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Frank,

I’m wondering how I can send out an email to users of a membership when the content(page or post) is dripped for that user..?

The option: “Allow access after the membership has been active for this many days (drip content):”

Would be nice to have a choice to send an email same time the content is released, so the user knows there is new content.. not sure is that is possible?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the problem is that from the point of view of wordpress nothing changes, but the duration of membership is checked compared to the settings on the page. If I need to send a mail, I would need to loop through each member and each page and maintain a list somewhere to see who already received a mail for which page. So that’s a very resource intensive process if a site has many members and many pages …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to see that happen somehow. Maybe having a time when the loop is running might help with when the loop is running. So having it loop at a certain time a day where the load on the server is not that high..?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Frank,

Hope you had a good celebration into the new year 🙂

I have another idea, instead of drip content:
    How about having a similar option as the events have;
    – adding an option where if there is a post of type “category”, then it will send email with a lit of new posts since last run or something like that?
    – and that can be scheduled in a similar way to newsletter events?

Would that work?

Franky
    Keymaster

(it’s Franky 🙂 )
    Doing that is not really dripping content, just letting people know about new pages of a certain category … maybe more to check on those “new pages” if they are EME-limited in some way, and only mail those. I need to think about this, it’s a lot of extra coding with not many people asking for this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top