Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First, this plugin has everything I’ve been searching for in an event manager (except email reminders)and it is a fantastic find.

However, when I enable the plugin, it functions perfectly, but it kills my Feature Content slider and thumbnail previewer.

I don’t see anyone else reporting this problem so it has to be something in my particular set up. I am using the most recent version of the Suffusion theme which includes the featured functionality.

Any tips how I should go about troubleshooting this? I really have no idea where to start.

Franky
    Keymaster

I just tried the suffusion theme and selected 4 posts to be shown as featured posts, no problem here …

What version of wordpress are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

WP 3.01.

the site’s in development: saskmade dot net

perhaps another plugin is causing conflicting with EME with the symptom showing up in the featured posts.

I’ve activated EME so you can have a look. The Featured slider is completely blank and the Headline preview icons are all displayed instead only on hover.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s befuddling is in Firebug, if you hover over the html calling the slider image, Firebug displays it in its tooltip so the images are there and loadable. Just not displaying.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well … maybe it’s a weird theme bug … I really can’t tell. Maybe you can ask the theme developers to help you out: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just tried it on a different installation of Suffusion and it broke the featured slider there too.

I’m familiar with the aquoid forum but they tend to recommend people talk to the plugin developers. <sigh>

If I ever figure it out I’ll throw you a note for reference.

Thanks for taking a look anyway.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the thing is the featured posts work ok here, so I really am at a loss for testing here.

I tried with featured posts with and without featured images, all seem to work ok.

On the main page you have nothing special included, only 1 javascript from EME. I would say that it might interfere with other jquery thingies, but not on my testsite … Maybe you can try this: open the file dbem_single_location_map.js, and change the first line:

$j=jQuery.noConflict

to e.g.

$dbem=jQuery.noConflict

and also change other occurrences in that file from $j to $dbem

Maybe that helps … (I’ll be doing this in the next released version anyway, to reduce possible conflicts)

Other things to try:

– you can try activating WP debug in wp-config.php and see what gives when you load the main page.

– I’m using the “regular” version of jquery cycle, not the lite version. Maybe also important?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made the $j to $dbem changes – no effect. Also turned on the full jquery instead of Lite in suffusion.

When I turned debug on, I got a pile of deprecated warnings on files in WP’s own include directory and many from a couple of other plugins.

The only one related to EME was

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at path/to/wp-includes/functions.php:3323) in path/to/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/captcha_check.php on line 2

But I don’t have captcha check on, so no bother there.

I sincerely appreciate the efforts and I understand there is no possible way for you to test this in the circumstances. I don’t expect you to take any more time but I will keep at it in the hope I can figure out what’s wrong — purely because your plugin is the finest one of its type I’ve ever seen and I’ve tried pretty much all of them.

My troubleshooting plan of attack now is very simple. Over the next few days I’m going to build an entirely new site, start with suffusion bare and EME. Then I’ll start making changes until it blows up. Should learn something out of it <smile>.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found my problem!

In Suffusion under Blog Features, there is a section called “Site Optimization.” The last setting is “Include javascript in footer?”

I had that set to yes. By putting javascript back in the header, EME is working and my featured content is working.

Thank you so much for your patience!

Franky
    Keymaster

glad to hear that it is working.

I’ll take a look at the captcha warning though, if wordpress already starts it’s own sessions, I don’t have to start it again there.

Franky
    Keymaster

btw, if you like the plugin, please vote for it on wordpress 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update: after installing a different plugin, Easy Comment Uploads, the same error from EME’s capthca-check consistently filled the “upload” dialogue in ECU. It actually did not affect the functionality if the warning is ignored and the user selects a file to upload, it does upload.

But it’s too disconcerting for the average user.

My solution was to edit capthca_check.php so that it only contains the return(”) statement.

Seems to have solved the problem.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmm … you do realize that the captcha is then not working and so no bookings can be made, do you?

I’ll be releasing a new version tomorrow, with some small enhancements to the captcha system:

– earlier initialisation of the session (hopefully, but I can’t control other plugins …)

– possibility to disable the captcha

That should help you 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did realize that captcha did not appear to be doing anything for me — because I don’t do bookings would obviously be the answer <stupid grin>.

I’m only allowing any kind of write access to logged in users, such as adding an event, so the same would apply for bookings. This makes captcha redundant in my case.

I am not convinced that the problem is with EME coding. I’ve got enough stuff going on that its session creation may simply be getting side-swiped by other code I’ve broken and it’s mere coincidence that I’ve picked up the same error code in two cases with EME. My point is that if it is working for the rest of your users, I think it’s a waste of your time to try to fix something unique to my installation. Much better to proceed with whatever roadmap you already have as the results have been wonderful so far!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top