Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Scope Nm–Mm for [eme_events]

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Iā€™m using (12) variations of the shortcode [eme_events] to display a block of events for each month of the upcoming year on http://floralandhardyofskippack.com/upcoming-events/

For the first block, which is the current month (in today’s case, March), I’m using the shortcode [eme_events scope=today--this_month limit=0]

For the second block, next month (in today’s case, April), I’m using [eme_events scope=1m--1m limit=0]

For the third block, two months from now (in today’s case, May), I’m using [eme_events scope=2m--2m limit=0], etc

Because today is the last day of the month and/or because it has 31 days in it, April is showing May events and June is showing July…both April and June have 30 days where March, May, and July have 31 which I believe is the root of the issue

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before I changed it to make it work another, less programmatic way, the code was as follows

<div style=”width: 235px; float: left; padding-right: 20px;”>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>March 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=today--this_month limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>April 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=1m--1m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>May 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=2m--2m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>June 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=3m--3m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>July 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=4m--4m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>August 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=5m--5m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>September 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=6m--6m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>October 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=7m--7m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>November 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=8m--8m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>December 2017</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=9m--9m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>January 2018</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=10m--10m limit=0]</div>
    </div>
    <h2 style=”margin-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px;”>February 2018</h2>
    <div style=”height: 240px; overflow: auto; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1;”>[eme_events scope=11m--11m limit=0]</div>
    </div>

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t know if I’m still on time for you to try the fix šŸ™‚
    But this should fix it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/1627032/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for the exceptionally quick response! Unfortunately, I was not available to test it. Will it be included in the next release?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, it will be.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome! Do you think other users will benefit from me sharing my idea?

What prompted me to create the following was that the standard monthly event calendar is not responsive.

• a 4×3 grid of blocks containing a month’s worth of events
    • the first block containis the remainder of the current month’s events
    • the remaining 11 blocks each contain a future month’s events ordered chronologically
    • on the firts of the month, block headings and the list of events automatically update
    • all blocks are the same height for aesthetics; blocks containing a higher than average number of event are scrollable
    Franky
    Keymaster

Your layout seems nice!

Based on this:
    https://html-cleaner.com/features/replace-html-table-tags-with-divs/

I think I can come up with a responsive monthly calendar too …
    Shouldn’t be too hard to create a new shortcode for that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top