Events Made Easy Forums How do I … How do I… save data ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m trying your plugin. It’s seems to do what I would like, but when I click on the “save” button, my page is reloading and I haven’t any data in “Pending bookings” or “Approved bookings”. Do you know why ?

https://www.lesbottinesdeslacs.be/events/bottines-des-lacs/#

Thanks a lot.
    Guillaume.

Franky
    Keymaster

If the page is reloading, it means the booking didn’t went through at all due to some javascript issue. I tried subscribing, and it seems the code returns the same form but with the error that javascript is needed. Since the return code is no real json, from the users perspective the form seems to be reloading.
    I’m going to try to reproduce that here …

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, your page is not executing javascript at all. I see this at the bottom of your generated page: “HTML compressed” ==> do you have some compression/optimization/caching plugin in place? That is probably messing up all javascript …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m using “Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster” and I excluded from minify and combine those pages :
    wp-includes/js/thickbox/thickbox.js
    wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/client-clock.js
    wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/eme.js
    wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/eme_location_map.js

Thanks a lot for your help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I removed all compression/optimization/caching plugins and code and I still have the same problem 🙁

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, something went wrong now: eme.js is totally not loaded … in fact almost no js file is loaded (I’m beginning to wonder about your theme here and not the minification plugin).
    Can you go in the EME admin options, tab ‘Generic’ and set the option “Always include JS in header” ? Based on other js, that might help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried this, but it doesn’t change anything. So i tried to add this directly into the footer.php :
    <script src=”/wp-includes/js/thickbox/thickbox.js”></script>
    <script src=”/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/client-clock.js”></script>
    <script src=”/wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/eme.js”></script>
    <script src=”wp-content/plugins/events-made-easy/js/eme_location_map.js”></script>

And now I have
    “eme.js:228 Uncaught ReferenceError: emebasic is not defined”

Does that mean anything to you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

I found the problem.

eme.js needs “array(‘jquery’)” to work.

I had another name to load jquery. It was

wp_dequeue_script( ‘jquery’);
    wp_deregister_script( ‘jquery’);
    wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery-something’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/js/jquery.min.js’, array(), ‘2.1.4’, true );

I renamed ‘jquery-something’ into ‘jquery’ and it works.

Sorry for this and really thank you for you help !

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes it does. EME uses translated javascript. Directly including them won’t work. But I just checked your page: it seems to be ok now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top