Events Made Easy Forums Generic Same last name for people creatd with subscriber form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I discovered a strange behavior with the subscription form: when creating a person in “people” EME picks a LastName from a different user. This is somehow confusing.
    Before your last change it put “No surname” there, which was the better choice 🙂

Cheers from Berlin
    Chris

Franky
    Keymaster

?? That would not be correct. I don’t remember changing anything in that regard. But if an email of an existing person matches, that record will be used. Maybe that’s the case here?

Anonymous
    Inactive

unfortunately not. They all have different mail addresses. but all the same last name. Probably this is related to your last change where you made the “all” groups entry with new functionality in the subscription form ?

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but this is not reproducable. If I subscribe as non-logged in user with an new email, this doesn’t get linked to an existing account (and the code is correct in that regard).

Anonymous
    Inactive

then it looks like my installation is somehow broken. For testing purpose i changed the firstname and surname of my user with id=1 (wordpress user).
    Then filled again the subscription form for a new subscription/new mail address … et voilá … i have new user with firstname and surname of user with id=1.
    I set me up another instance with EME and will check if it behaves the same there …

Franky
    Keymaster

Is that user linked to a wp account? Are you logged in when you subscribe? First try with a non-logged in user, see what that gives

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh man, I have really to apologize ! I am so sorry that I stole your time with that …

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m assuming you found your issue?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry that I was not clear with my answer – yes, it was like you said -> I registered while being logged in.

Cheers
    Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top