Events Made Easy Forums How do I … RSVP required fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hallo Franky,
    I use the current eme and wp version.
    I use a custom field with the property required. The property was defined when the field was created.
    I use an IF statement in the RSVP form, so the user-defined field is not always displayed.
    Now to my problem. If the form is used and the user-defined field is not displayed, the error message appears: The entry for the field “XX” is missing.
    There is no reference to the field in the HTML code.
    What have I done wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

While using eme_if to hide fields, if you say the field is required when creating the field, this is indeed the expected result. You can set the field to not be required in the field definition and use #REQ_FIELD instead in your form.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thanks for your answer. I have already tested the alternative with #REQ with the same result.

To your question, why am I doing this? I use this RSVP form for different types of events. I have another user-defined field of the type: “Event”, I use the content as an argument for the if statement. In one case the field is visible and required, in the other case the field is not part of the form and has no meaning.
    I have been using this construct for about 1 year.

Franky
    Keymaster

You’re correct. In the past I had an option to disable the check for required fields after form submit, but I removed that option and made it mandatory. This is what is causing you issues now. This change will re-add that option:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2225861/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tested your changes, everything as always, very nice.
    Thanks Franky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top