Events Made Easy Forums How do I … RSVP pre-fill missing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using the trunk version now, because I want as much of the new stuff as I can get. 😉

I was sure at one point, the front-end RSVP form was being filled out automatically with the logged in Members info, but that doesn’t appear to be happening now. Did I turn something off or is this no longer being done or maybe a little bug?

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW, the reason I’d like this pre-fill option is because I’m going to use CSS to hide everything but the “Seats” drop-down and the “Send you Booking” button (which I’m changing to “Buy now”).

So, as Feature requests, it would be nice to make the phone field optional, not required (so it doesn’t stop submission) and the ability to hide any or all fields.

Also, the option to POST to a custom URL would be nice here, but I’m going to hopefully use the action hook you supplied for now. Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

The pre-fill works if you have “require wp-membership for registration” activated, and this has become a per-event option. Also, if you require wp-membership, the phone-field is no longer required.

The “Send your booking” text can be changed in the admin interface btw. So I think you almost have everything already …

In the future, I hope to make the fields configurable, but that’s not yet 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky! Yes, the “require wp-membership…” was what I was looking for and all the above is now working good.

Now, I think I just need one more thing to have this shopping cart working and that is a separate “product_id” field. What’s happening is that I am duplicating the “events” in my Infusionsoft cart as products. Unfortunately, there’s no way to tie the EME event_id to the cart (Infusion won’t let me add it), so I’m hoping there’s some way I (or you) could add an additional field to the $booking form that I can use to put the Infusion product_id into.

Then, I can add it to the url (using the action hook) which I’m posting to Infusionsoft’s cart and add the Event as a product. My “Continue Shopping” button then brings the member back to the WP/EME site.

Oh, also… any way to add the $bookingemail to the $booking array being returned or should that be done with $_POST['bookingemail ']? This will help me tie in the Member to Infusionsoft’s users (which I’m also duplicating).

This is great! I’m almost there and getting EME working with a shopping cart! Thanks for all your help!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I meant $bookerEmail above, not $bookingemail. 😉

Franky
    Keymaster

For the booker info: the person_id is returned in the booking array, so you can use this in your function to get all the info:

$person = eme_get_person($person_id);

For the inusion product ID: create an attribute for the event (see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#custom-attrs) and since the event_id is also part of the booking array, get all the event info using:

$event = eme_get_event($event_id);

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome! Works great!!!

Franky
    Keymaster

Please don’t forget to post a little how-to when it works 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found a way to get the form filled if the user is logged in. It’s pretty easy.

Add the following code on line 55 to eme_rsvp.php in de plugin folder:

if (is_user_logged_in()) {

get_currentuserinfo();

$bookerName=$current_user->display_name;

$bookerEmail=$current_user->user_email;

}

Franky
    Keymaster

this is already the case ….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top